Union Level: Department: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Campus: San Francisco Posting Number: 201301233P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Position End Date: Open Date: 12/28/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Under the supervision of the Director of Endodontic research, provides laboratory assistance to include research, experiments and projects.
Essential Functions: 1. The support of the residents in the Advanced Education program in Endodontology.
2. Provide laboratory users with an overview of proper lab and quality assurance techniques.
2. Provide guidance and support to students and guest researchers with experiments and analysis.
3. Ensure the proper use and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
4. Conduct research and routine experiments as needed.
5. Maintain appropriate records and perform all other duties as requested by the Director.
Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of:
1. General laboratory procedures with advanced skills/knowledge in immunocytochemistry, PCR,Western Blot and Flow Cytometry. 2. Cell and Molecular Biology. 3. Microsoft Word and Excel.
1. Operate laboratory equipment, including spectrophotometers, fluorometers, fluorescence microscope, gel electrophoresis, and temperature cycler. 2. Work with biohazardous material. 3. Organize and prioritize work. 4. Supervise students and guest researchers work. 5. Communicate and work effectively with students, residents, faculty and staff. 6. Work independently.
1. Minimum of one (1) year of general laboratory experience preferred. 2. Prior experience in cell culture and molecular biological techniques.
Minimum of one (1) year of general laboratory experience preferred.
Histologic and immunohistochemical techniques and tissue preparation for cell culture highly desirable.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position requires standing, lifting, bending, and reaching during majority of working hours.
Lifting objects of up to 25 pounds.
Position is full-time, 40 hours per week.
Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens or biohazardous materials may reasonably be anticipated. Personal protective equipment will be provided to eliminate exposure to routine or limited infectious agents.
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu