Heartland Health Centers - Counselor, Outreach & Enrollment
Heartland Health Centers
January 3, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
In-Person Counselor/Outreach Enrollment
Summary: The In Person Counselor will assist eligible Illinois residents in enrolling in new coverage options and affordability programs made available through the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA). In Person Counselor will target individuals and groups currently without health insurance and expected to benefit from the ACA’s expansion of the Medicaid program and provision of financial assistance for the purchase of Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) on the newly created Health Insurance Marketplace. An important focus will be for individuals who would have difficulty enrolling in coverage without the help of an In Person Counselor including (but not limited to) individuals with low literacy, limited English proficiency, low-income individuals, people with disabilities and other hard-to-reach populations. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates knowledge in eligibility, enrollment, and program requirements
· Conducts public education activities to raise awareness about the Health Insurance Marketplace
· Provides information and services in a fair, accurate and impartial manner. Such information must acknowledge other health benefit programs
· Facilitates selection of a QHP or, when appropriate, a public insurance plan
· Provides referrals to the Illinois Department of Insurance, or any other appropriate State agencies, for any enrollee with a grievance, complaint, or question regarding their health plan, coverage, or a determination under such plan or coverage
· Provides information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of the population being served by the Health Insurance Marketplace at no cost to those individuals, including individuals with limited English proficiency; ensure accessibility and usability of IPA tools and functions for individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
· Using the appropriate reporting tools and mechanisms, reports qualitative and quantitative information on a regular basis
Assists in the creation of appropriate reports for governmental agencies
Provides on-going information/reports to the Manager as requested
Handles correspondence/telephone calls/personal interactions professionally and with the provision of appropriate information
Must be available and able to work out of any HHC site.
· Performs other related duties as assigned/required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status,genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable militarydischarge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement ofliving conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization's AIDS PolicyStatement of September 1987.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to attend and successfully complete a mandatory 30 hours on line, as well as a two day training on the Health Insurance Market Place and expansion of Medicaid services in Illinois. The State of Illinois requires all employees of this program to have a background check submitted to Illinois Department of Insurance. Passing the Illinois Department of Insurance background check is a requirement of this position. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 2 years of experience in case work, human services or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of city of Chicago communities and outreach experience is necessary.
· Computer skills: Ability to independently operate all Microsoft operating systems, data entry in both Excel and web based databases, setting up and working with portable technology such as tablets, printers and scanners, and the ability to troubleshoot common technology issues.
· Language Skills: Fluency in Spanish may be required. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general professional periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Close/distance vision requirements
· Required to sit, stand and walk, talk, hear and use hands to key, handle and/or feel
Additional Salary Information: Based on Years of Experience
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, sexual identity, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable mi...litary discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the Organization's AIDS Policy Statement of September, 1987. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation should contact the Employee Services Office at (312) 660-1431.