The City of Everett is accepting applications on an open/competitive basis for the Civil Service examination process for WATER POLLUTION CONTROL OPERATOR III.
The Water Pollution Control Operator III performs all levels of operations and maintenance of the Everett Water Pollution Control Facility (EWPCF). Work in this class ensures that the plant processes meet all regulatory requirements on a continual basis, and that established policies and procedures for plant operation are followed. The Operator III assumes responsibility for safe work practices and environmental conditions on the assigned shift or crew. Work in this class is performed under the general supervision of the Senior Operator and in accordance with a schedule that may include weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, or other hours as assigned. Employees in this class may be designated to be in charge of a shift by the Senior or Chief Operator and will receive specialized assignments. Work performance is generally evaluated on the basis of compliance with standard operating and maintenance procedures, proper operation of the plant, adherence to safety standards, and other established performance criteria. This is the third level in the water pollution control operator series.
For a full description of this position, please see the class specification on the City’s website.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of two (2) years of college-level coursework or equivalent technical training in chemistry, biology, engineering, environmental science, or related field. Relevant work experience may substitute for the college-level education requirements.
Within the past six (6) years: must have had a minimum of two (2) years of experience as an Operator II at the Everett Water Pollution Control Facility or four (4) years of progressively responsible experience as an operator at a wastewater facility which uses a mechanical process to achieve secondary treatment.
Any equivalent combination of training and/or experience providing the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
A Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, biology, engineering, environmental science, or related field is highly desirable.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OR CERTIFICATIONS
Must possess a valid Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate, OR
Must possess a valid Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate recognized as an equivalent to the Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate by the Association of Boards of Certification AND obtain a Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate within six (6) months of hire.
Possession of a valid driver license at the date of hire, and the ability to obtain and maintain a valid Washington State driver license within 30 days of hire.
Everett is a progressive city of 104,100 residents with:
• A beautiful salt water port and 2300 slips in the largest public marina on the west coast
• Fantastic opportunities to enjoy the water including salmon fishing, crabbing, kiteboarding, kayaking, swimming and gray whale watching
• Panoramic views of the Olympic and Cascade mountains
• 1600 acres of spectacular regional and waterfront ...parks, trails, and treasured environmental areas
• Two 18 hole public golf courses
• Opportunities to enjoy sports at Aquasox Baseball games, Everett Silvertips Ice Hockey games or ice skating at the Comcast Community Ice Rink
• Arts and culture of all kinds including two symphony orchestras, 250 resident visual artists, five performance venues within two miles and public artwork throughout the city
• Lively restaurants and entertainment venues including Comcast Arena
• Affordable coastal living just 25 minutes north of Seattle
Everett is a place with big city amenities and small city charm and friendliness – and it can be the place for you if you are looking for a good paying job with medical and dental insurance. Apply today!
EVERETT: Great thinking. With a view.