Organization Description: The Ministers Council of the American Baptist Churches USA has been inspiring ministerial excellence to the glory of Jesus Christ since 1935. Its national programs and regional chapters encourage collegiality, centeredness, and competence among ABC clergy, chaplains, and counselors. We reach out to more than 2,000 ministers to prevent isolation, encourage spiritual growth, and provide continuing education and professional standards for Christian ministry.
Job Summary: The Member Services Coordinator for the national Ministers Council will be responsible for communications, bookkeeping, record keeping and reporting in support of membership and the governing board. Existing proficiency in cloud-based software systems for tasks named below is required for the position.
The person accepting this job is tasked to:
1) Arrange for response to all communication directed to national Ministers Council via phone/email/mail. Respond to administrative queries directly and direct other concerns to appropriate MC Officer.
2) Process membership records and cards and keep accurate records in data base.
3) Process checks/online payments for dues and donations and process bills and other payments and keep accurate records in accounting system.
4) Work with MC Treasurer to generate monthly financial reports and send reports to members of the Board of Governors.
5) Arrange for regular communication with MC members and friends via Constant Contact, Facebook and Website. Post some information independently; recruit articles from appropriate MC officers and members and oversee publication.
6) Meet with the Board of Governors on monthly conference calls and with the Ministries Team teleconferences as requested.
The computer/internet systems the Member Services Coordinator will utilize include:
a. Online checking account with Christian Community Credit Union
b. Credit card with Christian Community Credit Union
c. PayPal online payments
d. Quick Books accounting system
e. Phone account - Google Voice and/or company mobile phone
f. Google Suite for email domain, conferencing (hangouts-audio and video conferencing for up to 15), file and calendar sharing
g. Membership Database (membership file on Word Press-hosted site)
h. Kimbia or Network for Good Donor Database
i. Constant Contact or equivalent email database
j. Facebook account
k. Postage account or equipment - com or postage machine
l. Ministers Council website and contracted web support
m. Go To Meeting or Blue Jeans Webinar account and equipment for groups too large for G Suite
n. Zenefits payroll services (unless contracted)
o. Any auditing needs due to independent office (contracted)
p. Any insurance needs due to independent office (contracted)
q. Any other systems requested by the Board of Governors
Telecommuting allowed PART OF THE TIME; some of the hours will be spent at the office at the Baptist Church of West Chester, 221 South High Street, West Chester, PA.
We are an independent, non-profit organization of ordained, commissioned and lay Christian leaders who are serving American Baptist Churches.
We nurture, encourage and strengthen more than 2000 clergy, counselors, seminarians and lay leaders. We provide fellowshipping opportunities; spiritual enrichment; and educational programming to fuel the effectiveness of the men and women called of God to... advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
--Support for regionally based Ministers Council chapters;
--Annual gatherings, workshops, retreats for respite, and spiritual and professional development;
--Models and best practice guidelines for creating clergy peer groups;
--Informative articles and writings for ministers;
--Discounts to value-added services through partnerships;
--A sense of community for clergy so that no one has to go it alone.