Billing Follow Up Specialist - Non-Government/Commercial Billing
January 9, 2018
PeaceHealth is seeking a Billing Follow Up Specialist - Non-Government/Commercial Billing for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 155378
Responsible for all phases of billing/account follow-up using accepted billing practices to ensure thorough and consistent account resolution to promote financial health. This position ensures acceptable reimbursement and appropriate days in Accounts Receivables with timely account follow-up and resolution of outstanding charges owed by third party payors. Responsible for all areas of billing and account follow-up including claims submission, account follow-up with insurance payors, and resolution of reimbursement issues for multi-facility, multi-specialty organization.
1. Resolve insurance claim rejections/denials, and non-payment of claims by payors.
2. Identify trends in billing and follow-up, maintaining working knowledge of state and federal billing guidelines in order to identify ways in which our patients can expedite resolution of insurance accounts and identify delays in processing.
3. Responsible for drafting effective appeals to insurance companies for reimbursement of monies owed.
4. Responsible for maintaining daily account, follow-up work lists within department while maintaining organization's productivity standards.
5. Ensure compliancy is met and process claims in accordance with contracts and policies, as well as to adjudicate claims as appropriate.
6. Responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving: credit balances, missing payments and unposted cash as it pertains to billing account follow-up.
7. Process, and maintain, within expectation, all correspondence received from patients and insurance companies as it pertains to correct and timely billing of claims, and receipt of payment.
8. Responsible for handling patient disputes and submission of issues to coding for review to ensure organizational and revenue cycle processes are followed.
9. Communicate appropriately with insurance companies, patients, co-workers and supervisors.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree or Medical Billing Certificate preferred
Minimum of two years' experience in a billing or insurance account follow-up capacity is required; Formal training or college coursework from a medical coding accredited school, specific to medical billing in lieu of experience may be considered
Medical terminology experience required
Knowledge of insurance processes and billing guidelines regulations required
Proficient use of computers including Microsoft Office 2010 applications
Skilled in 10-key by touch and keyboarding
Ability to operate general office equipment
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting
Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Knowledge of Commercial and/or Government Payors
Ability to identify, research, and resolve credit balances, missing payments and unposted cash as it pertains to billing account follow-up
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Shared Services Center (802) Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 16.59 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Billing/Coding || Full Time || PATIENT ACCOUNTING
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.