Under general direction of the Vice President Design, Code and Construction, plans, organizes, supervises and administers the designing, constructing, and commissioning of facilities in fulfillment of the Airport Master Plan. Exercises supervision directly or indirectly through subordinate section heads ensuring management systems provide the required control to accomplish the successful execution of all design, construction, and commissioning related activities for the Airport’s construction projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the direction of a multi-discipline team (professional and non-professional) of Board staff and consulting firms in the design, construction, commissioning, and closeout of Building and Infrastructure projects in fulfillment of the Airport Master Plan.
- Responsible for project execution (reference Item #1) to ensure maximum benefit for the Airport Board. Ensure that projects are executed in accordance with (i) Departmental governance and guidelines and (ii) Board policy and programs to include but not limited to the Airport’s sustainability program.
- Ensure that projects are executed in accordance with (i) Departmental governance and guidelines and (ii) Board policy and programs to include but not limited to the Airport’s sustainability program.
- Assists the Vice President and other departmental Assistant Vice Presidents with establishment, review and revision of departmental governance and guidelines.
- Works closely with various Departments on division-wide matters such as the Airport Master Plan, grant administration, design criteria, and code compliance.
- Participates in interaction with the airlines, airport tenants, the Federal Aviation Administration, city, state and federal agencies and community interest representatives concerning airport planning, design and construction activities and related matters.
- Assists and contributes in the strategy for dealing with administrative matters such as budget preparation and management; personnel actions including selection, training, discipline and performance evaluation; establishment of recordkeeping systems and development and implementation of departmental procedures.
- Confers with Vice President of Design, Code and Construction on policies, programs, activities and makes policy recommendations; acts for Vice President in all matters in the Vice President’s absence or as requested. - Manages the development of written recommendations (Official Board Actions) and reports for Board Committees; plans and schedules activities to meet the demands of the monthly Board cycle.
- Participates in and manages departmental and non-departmental budget requests and administers approved budgets.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in architect, engineering, planning or related field.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design and/or construction of major public service projects.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible management experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver’s license.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the techniques and procedures associated with the management of large-scale public project development.
- Knowledge of the laws, rules and regulations governing public project development and operation.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices applied in the planning, location, design, construction and maintenance of major public service engineering projects.
- Skill in the supervision, motivation and direction of professional and technical personnel.
- Ability to apply modern management and administrative principles and techniques to project planning and development.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, and to maintain harmonious internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Valid Texas registration as a Professional Engineer or Architect or ability to secure a Texas registration through reciprocity within six months of employment.
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and the laws, rules and regulations governing air transportation.
- Both public and private sector experience in the management of facility development programs.
About Dallas/Ft Worth International Airport Board
Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport earned the distinction of the best large airport in North America for customer service in 2016 from Airports Council International. DFW Airport warmly welcomes more than 65 million customers along their journey every year, elevating DFW to a status as one of the most frequently visited superhub airports in the world. DFW Airport customers can choose among 168 domestic and 57 international nonstop destinations worldwide. DFW is elevating the customer experience with modernized facilities and updated amenities, as well as through a $2.7 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program. Centered between its owner cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW Airport also serves as a major economic generator for the North Texas region, producing over $37 billion in economic impact each year by connecting people through business and leisure travel.