Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The mission of the Global Technology division is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm's strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the Global Technology organization and manages operational and technology related risks on behalf of the Firm. TIR's mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology and Data understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
Senior IT Security Information and Endpoint Architect/Engineer required to work and lead a global team in the Data Security Engineering Team, providing the highest level of security consultancy and engineering support for Data/Windows/Linux security agents. The role will focus on designing and engineering Windows, Linux and Storage security agents and tooling in a global enterprise. The role is suited to an experienced Windows, Linux or Security Engineer with a proven understanding in enterprise security. This role is primarily project based, with numerous activities to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment.
The candidate must demonstrate strong technical qualities - preferably in a global environment, ideally within the finance industry.
- Senior Architect/Engineer and Team Manager for Data Security Engineering Team covering products such as
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Engineering
- Data Access and Audit Engineering
- Database Auditing/Activity Engineering
- Forensic/Investigations Tools Engineering
- Global Team Lead/Management of around 10 Engineers Glasgow and New York
- Own and maintain Vendor relationships, roadmaps and strategy
- Experience in people and performance management processes of highly technical global engineers
- Analysis and development of Windows/Linux endpoint security agents / solutions
- Provide consultancy services to other IT Security teams
- Provide architecture assurance on Windows/Linux security initiatives
- Designing security infrastructure, providing stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available
- Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and solutions.
- Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from operations.
- Escalate and liaise with additional internal/external groups when required.
- Input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices
Required Skills - Excellent understanding and experience of architecting, engineering and automating Windows/Linux Security solutions for a Global environment of over 250,000 Endpoints (Desktops/Servers) focusing on Data Security Solutions. - Experience of managing Global Architecture/Engineering teams - Expert Level Windows or Linux Operating System knowledge - Understanding of Wireshark/Network capture logs - Database knowledge and SQL Development (Oracle/MS SQL) - Experience of SIEM integration and other platforms - Interpersonal Skills - Communication, flexibility, self-driven, team player - Project Management Skills - Strong Scripting Skills in Powershell/Perl/Bash) - General Infra experience - Active Directory, LDAP, Group Policy, MIT Kerberos, DNS - General networking (Firewalls, Routing, NAT, OSI Model, packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- - Experience of Security products from vendors such as Symantec, Varonis, McAfee, IBM Guardium, Guidance Encase, NetApp - CIFS, NFS, FPolicy.
- - Splunk experience
- - Knowledge of Networks and Firewall Infrastructure Knowledge of Networks and Firewall Infrastructure
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM2