Nurse Manager (Dialysis Nephroloy Services) Schedule -Full-time Job -Director/Manager/Supervisor Daily Schedule-Full Time Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period-80 Weekends Required-Occasional Primary Location -TEXAS-HOUSTON-ST LUKES MEDICAL CENTER Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas HeartÂ® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MDâ“consistently ranked as one of the nation's best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery. The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a MagnetÂ® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke's is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric careâ“treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University. Position Summary 24 hour accountability for a unit area. The major responsibilities are in providing leadership and communication, monitoring the work environment, assuring quality, managing the fiscal budget, managing human resources and ensuring the delivery of competent clinical practice. *HEC*
Minimum Requirements Education: Bachelor's Degree Licensure: Registered Nurse (RN) license as recognized by the Texas State Board of Nursing.
Minimum Experience: Must have 3 years clinical experience and 3 years of progressive management experience Position Responsibilities 1. Support and actualizes the Division of Nursing philosophy and goals by assuming leadership in program development and implementation.
2. Staff is developed to assume leadership roles both formally and informally, via role modeling and facilitating staff participation in shared governance structure.
3. Facilitates development and implementation to solution to problems.
4. Develops and Implements effective communication channels to provide information to all staff members, holding at least one unit meeting per month with posting of minutes and notice.
5. Directs and Participates in the orientation of new employees, evaluates programs effecting employees.
6. Has an identified council structure with an elected Staff Nurse Professional Practice Council representative. Conducts unit council meetings monthly incorporating new knowledge and skills to meet changing needs of patient families, department employees and institution.
7. Has a positive working relationship and problem solving with other members of the patient care delivery team including physicians and other departments.
8. Participates in committees and task forces as indicated.
9. Facilitates staff to assume leadership roles.
10. Demonstrates positive leadership skills and communication that embraces changes, which results in achievement of outcomes.
11. Staff actively Participates in clinical decision-making affecting practice.
12. Promotes a caring helpful environment including the arrangement of the physical setting and assembling equipment in a manner conducive to more effective and efficient nursing care
13. Participates in unit, service and divisional CQI/CQE programs, documents results, reports by deadlines, formulates corrective action plans for improvement.
14. Meets established research-based standards of care, quality control targets, operationalizes CQI.
15. Develops a multidisciplinary program to monitor quality patient care indicators.
16. . Maintains fiscal budget within established variance, focusing on hppd, labor cost per day, overtime, orientation costs, SSP costs and medical supplies.
17. Adjusts staffing patterns according to unit activity and patient acuity.
19. Develops and Manages the unit budget to control operational and capital expenditures for capital equipment priorities based on patient unit needs and according to budget policy
20. Shared leadership in place with structured recruitment and retention and PEP/professional practice.
21. Facilitates professional growth and development of staff utilizing career development plans. Identifies staff career development and training needs. Uses CQI/CQE and staff input for development of educational programs.
22. Demonstrates accountability for human and material resource management with division guidelines and standards by monitoring, correcting variances for productive and non-productive utilization.
23. Complies with personnel policies and procedures, follows guidelines and conducts effective performance interviews, job standards are understood by employees, etc.
24. Directs and Participates in the orientation of new employees, evaluates program's effectiveness and employee's progress.
25. Participates in an innovative program (pilot study, research project, etc.) that has an effect on patient care within the past year.
26. Participates in a professional organization, (i.e. specialty or administration).
27. Maintains clinical exposure through actual intervention, coordination of patient care, role modeling, consulting, problem solving and in-services.
28. Ensures the effective delivery of competent, compassionate nursing care based on social, psychological, developmental and spiritual needs of the patients as demonstrated by patient care outcomes achieved through established standards of care and by the patients and families perception of care. We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Requisition Title -2017-R0141204 CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center