At the core of our organization are the people and families within Erie House and in those communities we serve; it's because of that that we have withstood the test of time.
To empower our community---Latinx immigrants alongside individuals and families of all backgrounds---through education, access to critical services and advocacy, working together to create a just and inclusive society.
A home with no borders, impacting lives to create powerful communities
Promote education and wellness for families and individuals
Foster a spirit of service and inclusion
Maintain strong community presence and partnerships
Amplify the voice of our community
Advocate for social change to advance our mission
Scope and responsibilities:
The Senior Director of Operation’s basic function is to be responsible for the daily operations of Erie House, supporting the Executive Director to focus on broader strategic matters, community development, resource development, and agency fundraising. As such, this person will oversee the Human Resources (HR), Information Technology & Support (ITS), Operations/Facilities, Reception, Purchasing/Receivables, Office Management, Financial Risk Management and Special Projects as assigned. This position will work closely with the Executive Team including the Senior Director of Programs & Quality Assurance, Senior Director of Finance and the Senior Director of Development & Communications, the Board of Directors, and will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Supervise Facilities Director who oversees facilities and operations at all three Erie House sites (two in West Town and one in Little Village).
- Negotiate and manage all Erie House lease and rent agreements for all sites.
- Plan for agency’s tactical and strategic infrastructure needs.
- Serve as the main point of contact for future Erie House capital campaign projects.
- Ensure the smooth and effective operation of all facilities, ensuring prompt resolution to problems that arise.
- Supervise Lead Receptionist and manage Erie House security.
- Oversee the Board Operations Committee.
- Supervise Human Resources Director who oversees HR Department and is responsible for recruitment and staffing, employee orientation, performance management, employment and compliance to regulatory concerns, policy development and documentation, employee relations, and compensation and benefits administration.
- Supervise Information & Technology Systems Director who oversees IT Department and is responsible for overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals, devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management, and analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs.
Management & Daily Operations:
- Play a key role in the representation and reinforcement of the mission, goals and values of Erie House.
- Support the program directors and the Senior Director of Development in the completion and submission of government grant proposals and reports.
- Assist the Executive Director in working with the Board of Directors and other stakeholders by providing up to date organizational information needed to make informed decisions.
- Based on continuous evaluation of administrative operations, develop new and more efficient agency systems, policies and procedures.
Other Related Duties as Assigned.
Contact information:Pleasesubmit resume and cover letter by March 5th to:
Jobplex, A DHR International Company
121 N. Jefferson
Chicago, IL 60661
A minimum of 2-5 years supervisory experience.
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to motivate and lead individuals and groups.
Must be diplomatic, flexible and committed to excellence and inclusion.
Resolves conflicts productively and engages others, as appropriate, in decision making.
Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with the entire Erie House community including staff, parents, board members, nonprofit sector and community.
Administrative and leadership skills.
Bilingual (Spanish/English)/Bicultural preferred.
Able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekend hours.
Highly developed organizational skills and able to manage multiple priorities in order to produce results in short amount of time.
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in non-profit management, Business, Social Work or a related field.
About Erie Neighborhood House
Erie Neighborhood House is a community service agency founded in 1870 that promotes a just and inclusive society by strengthening low-income, primarily Latino families through skill-building, access to critical resources and collaborative action.