Under general direction, provides a range of support services, including administrative and office management skills. Provides assistance in communication, organizes and coordinates administrative support staff duties and processes. Serves as "back-up" Executive Assistant to the President - Dean Medical Group and Regional President - Hospital Operations. Works independently on projects, committees or CQI teams, whether assigned or acquired on a voluntary basis.
1. Understands the mission, vision and values of SSM Health Care and facilitate the integration of these values into all aspects of daily work, communications, and interactions. 2. Understands and exemplifies the philosophy and values of the Franciscan Sisters of Mary and SSM Health Care. 3. Understands, embraces and practices the principles of CQI. 4. Handles confidential and sensitive matters in a discrete and professional manner, with and without direct supervision. 5. Supervises the administrative services team and accountable for daily coordination of administrative support duties. 6. Supports the system governance structure including coordination of joint board meetings (DHS, DHP and SSM-WI), preparing/distributing/maintaining materials, scheduling meetings, maintaining websites, etc. 7. Maintains record of expenses and reconciles credit card statements; submits expense report; verifies accuracy of invoices. Reviews, codes and obtains appropriate signature on invoices for submission to the finance department. 8. Answers, screens and makes telephone calls; communicates information in appropriate manner and routes problem calls to appropriate person. 9. Handles highly confidential and sensitive matters, with and without direct supervision. 10. Maintains accurate files and records of correspondence, reports, contracts, and related; updates on a regular basis. 11. Researches and assembles materials for reports; assists in completion of required forms, contracts, and related items. 12. Ensures goals and objectives for each segment of responsibility are met. 13. Ensures follow up on actions generated by meetings and communications.
BACK-UP" EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT RESPONSIBIliTIES:
1. Serves as liaison for the President with internal and external parties. 2. Responsibility for the coordination and scheduling of appointments and calendar maintenance for President. 3. Travel planning and logistics for the President. 4. Sorts, reads, and annotates incoming and outgoing mail and e-mail for President; provide appropriate backup material for reference; prioritize and categorize items for action. 5. Answers and screens telephone calls for President; communicates information in appropriate manner and route calls to other person(s). 6. Records, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings to appropriate parties. 7. Draft/compose correspondence for President as requested; provide follow-up action as required. 8. Research and assemble materials for reports, as requested. 9. Coordinates arrangements for meetings/conference calls as requested by the President (prepare notification and agenda, assemble materials, coordinate accommodation arrangements, provide audiovisual equipment and plan meals/refreshments). 10. Maintains filing system for the Office of the President. 11. Process communications, documents and drafts requiring signature and/or approval by the President. 12. Coordinates internal and external presentation arrangements with appropriate parties. 13. Coordinates arrangements for annual facility visits by President. 14. Assists in the development of departmental budget, goals and passports. 15. Process all invoices for payment and maintain budget records for the Office of the President. 16. Maintains record of trips and expenses for President/CEO. Process reimbursement of expense requests in connection with external board meetings and presentations. 17. Maintains credit card records for President and performs monthly credit card reconciliation. 18. Establish process for complaint tracking and maintain status log. 19. Obtains credentials for Notary Public and performs notary duties as requested. 20. Performs all other duties as assigned by the President.
MANAGEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF:
1. Manages the administrative support staff assigned to the executive team at the SSM Health Wisconsin Regional Office. 2. Oversees the hiring process for the administrative support staff including resume review, interviewing and hiring recommendations. 3. Supervises workflow of the administrative support staff to include coordinating coverage on an "hour to hour" basis, balancing vacation schedules, leaves of absence, etc. 4. Provides coaching for performance and attendance to the administrative support staff; 5. Contributes to performance development process, including problem solving, and input into training needs for the administrative support staff.
Position descriptions are not intended to be and should not be construed to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of the supervisor.
1. High School diploma or equivalent with additional higher education in a related field.
2. Five or more years of experience supporting senior executives
3. Understanding the mission and values of SSM Health Care and the Franciscan Sisters of Mary.
4. Ability and desire to integrate CQI principles and tools into work processes.
5. Exceptional customer service skills.
6. Must be able to type with accuracy and speed at a level commensurate with position, and must be proficient with computers, a variety of software applications which may include calendars, phones and standard office equipment.
7. Ability to interact tactfully, effectively and with poise and diplomacy with executive management and all other levels SSM Health Care personnel, as well as various external parties.
8. Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in the handling of confidential and sensitive information and possess highly developed communication skills in oral and written expression.
9. Ability to organize and prioritize assignments to ensure timely completion.
10. Ability to adapt to changing situations.
11. Good conceptual skills with attention to detail.
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your fa...mily and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same