Behavioral & Educational Solutions has a need for a permanent, full-time Speech-Language Pathologist.
Location : DC Metro Area
Travel Required: Yes
Level/Salary Range : Competitive Salary with Benefits & Annual Bonus
Position Type: Full-Time & Contractual Opportunities
Role and Responsibilities:
We’re seeking an energetic, self-motivated recent graduate looking to practice in a variety of settings. There are opportunities to work in our clinic or public and private schools. Populations served include early childhood, school age, adolescents, and adults. . What the Ideal Candidate looks like:
Passionate about making sure the needs and welfare of clients are a priority.Demonstrate patience, caring and concern in stressful situations.Ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels.Willing to work collaboratively with community agencies, and educational and the judicial systems. Possess the ability to develop professional relationships and be flexible in complex situations. Have the ability to work independently.STRONG written and oral communication skills.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Administer, evaluate, and interpret specialized hearing and speech tests.
• Diagnose and plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice and swallowing disorders
• Identify and develop intervention strategies.
• Treat clients to communicate effectively by expressing thoughts using acceptable standards of practice.
• Observe, record, and report client's response to treatment and changes in the client's condition.
• Instruct clients in techniques for more effective communication, including sign language, lip reading and voice improvement.
• Educate clients and family members about various topics such as communication techniques and strategies to cope with or to avoid personal misunderstandings.
• Provide services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy.• Individual and group therapy within educational and clinic settings.
• Assessments and report writing.
• Work with infants and toddlers, pre-school, elementary, middle school, and high school populations.
• Work with disadvantaged families.
• Maintain appropriate HIPPA compliance
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
• Graduate from an accredited Speech and Language program
• Completion of Clinical Fellowship (will consider strong candidates that need placement for their clinical fellowship).
• License as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of practice (or license eligible).
• Experience in assessment and providing interventions with children and adolescents.Preferred Skills:
• Bilingual (Spanish and English proficiency) is highly desired.
Additional Salary Information: Great benefits including:
401K, Health Insurance, Paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave
Since our inception in 2008, Behavioral & Educational Solutions (BESDC) has positioned itself as a leader in mental health and social support services for children and families in the DC Metro area. Our team of psychologists, speech and language pathologists, social-workers, and behavioral analysts provide support, resources, solutions, respite, and education so families can increase engaged quali...ty time together. We are committed to collaborating with families and schools so interventions are solution focused, culturally sensitive, and developmentally appropriate. As we are a team of young, culturally diverse, and energetic professionals committed to providing comprehensive services that serve the entire child and nurture his/her development. We are looking for like-minded professionals.BEHAVIORAL & EDUCATIONAL SOLUTIONS, PC is the allied health team that will provide support, resources, solutions, respite, and education to Metro DC families so parents and children can increase engaged quality time together. All services are provided in English and Spanish, and can be delivered in the office, home, or school depending on the individual needs of the caseWe’re seeking an energetic, self-motivated recent graduate looking to practice in a variety of settings. There are opportunities to work in our clinic or public and private schools. Populations served include early childhood, school age, adolescents, and adults.