Responsible for campus public safety services as directed on assigned shift.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
· High school diploma or GED required, with some college preferred.
· Must be 21 years of age at time of hire with a minimum of (2) two years police or security experience. BA/BS in criminal justice or related field may substitute one (1) year of experience. Military experience may substitute for up to two (2) years of police or security experience.
· A clean driving record (4 points or less) required with no major violations within the past 5 years and no more than (1) one serious violation or (2) two moving violations within the past (3) three years.
· Candidates required to successfully pass a background investigation, to include fingerprint, polygraph examination, criminal history evaluation and physical agility test that fulfills the requirements of the CCBC Public Safety Academy. Candidates required to successfully completing a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination, including drug screening.
· Must possess the abilities and skills necessary to meet qualifications for appointment as a Maryland Special Police Officer.
POSITION SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Patrol by foot, vehicle, or bicycle college buildings and grounds in accordance with published patrol policies.
Make arrests, use force, search and detain suspects in accordance with established authority and regulations
Check for and report violations of traffic, fire, and safety regulations as well as all conditions that could result in loss or injury to college students or staff or loss/damage to college property.
Conduct investigations of all crime incidents and accidents reported or observed on-view.
Serve as the representative of the college in all matters relating to trespassing. Escort unauthorized persons from college property. Notify local law enforcement agencies when assistance is required on campus.
Direct traffic and enforce parking regulations on campus property and direct pedestrian traffic at crosswalks during special events. Assist visitors by providing directions and responding to inquiries; providing safety escorts upon request.
Respond to hazardous material spills and provide initial assessment, containment, or evacuation services.
Administer first aid and arrange for evacuation and/or transportation of sick or injured persons.
Respond to all fire, panic and intrusion alarms and handle as appropriate.
Respond promptly and handle appropriately all calls for service.
Refer victims of crime to service agencies pursuant to policy.
Perform other duties as assigned by the officer-in-charge (OIC), Corporal, Sergeant, Assistant Director or Director of the Department of Public Safety.
Write incident reports and Student Incident Referrals in accordance with college and Public Safety policy.
May be assigned special duties such as key control, community service activities and other tasks.
Required to adhere to all college and Departmental policies.
CCBC is the college of choice for over 70,000 students and 200 businesses each year — all with unique goals, strengths and requirements. By offering a holistic learning environment that is both accepting and challenging, we meet students where they are and take them where they want to go.
CCBC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all hiring and employment practic...es. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by law.
CCBC’s benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, ample paid time off, choice of one of two Maryland State Retirement Plans (contributory and noncontributory), and much more.