Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
* To grant a prudent credit decision by assessing and evaluation customer's creditworthiness (including existing customer and new applicant) for products of: * Mortgage loans (including OD and loans) * Other secured products (including OD and loans) * Business instalment loan, Guarantee instalment loan and OD line * All staff banking facilities (excluding cards, personal loans and tax loans) * Inward clearing / auto-pay / debit debts / cheque purchases * Discretionary unsecured facilities (including all referral from Branches / Centre / Account Services)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Strategy & Business - To assist Manager, Credit Initiation to execute Retail Risk Operations strategy direction and manage country Credit Initiation activities and initiatives and processes effectively and efficiently - To work with various stakeholders and provide timely feedback and assistance on design, implement and deliver of various business initiatives - To provide feedback to credit policy team on applications trend and observations to uphold approving quality and to provide grounds for policy refinement - To assist the ongoing credit review on claimed cases and provide assistance for various guaranteed applications - To investigate and help to resolve the complaints cases or fraud cases on ah-hoc basis * Credit & Underwriting Quality - To exercise delegated authorities to conduct credit evaluation and make credit decision by assessing and evaluating customer's creditworthiness (including existing customer and new applicant) per prevailing credit policies and regulatory guidelines. - To provide continuous coaching to the Team and ensure good credit and underwriting quality to be maintain at the moment of credit underwriting * Processes & Productivity - To manage the operations and streamline the end-to-end workflow to ensure services rendered meet the agreed service standards (TAT) - To work closely with the underwriting team to ensure a smooth workflow and improved productivity with and control-measures in place - To work closely with the sales fulfilment and operation team to ensure smooth drawdown of applications - To leverage on various teams (e.g., QA, RA) to produce high quality reports and data analysis for formulating continue improvement working strategy * Governance & Control - To conduct periodically training, huddles & reminders to the Team to ensure consistency and quality assurance in underwriting standard - To review and identify gaps arising from Internal Audits/regulatory reviews and design the process revamp to bridge the gaps accordingly * People & Talent - To conduct periodically training, huddles & reminders for experience and knowledge sharing to the Team so as to uplift the professionalism and underwriting quality
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree holder - Relevant experience in the banking sector - Solid exposure as a credit approver - Able to work independently - Good team player
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information) - We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.