The SharePoint Business Analyst, under the direction of the Director of Business Information Services, will serve as a liaison between the business and the IT Department for the processes of identifying, creating, storing, sharing and applying SharePoint solutions across the entire Firm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Lead and facilitate consultancy sessions and cross-functional working sessions with the end user, process experts, and other stakeholders to elicit and clearly define requirements.
· Perform complex SharePoint Power User functionality in order to create solutions that solve a business need and provide value.
· Deliver Out of the Box configured solutions which require no code (e.g. using lists, libraries, web/app parts, forms, filters etc.).
· Where more advanced solutions are required, work with the Applications Development team to deliver a solution.
· Work with the team on the SharePoint Governance Charter & decision framework
· Work with end users to facilitate the migration of new and existing business processes to a SharePoint environment.
· Provide basic user and site owner SharePoint training sessions on an ongoing basis
· Provide on demand custom tailored trainings where needed (e.g. training for legacy content migration to SharePoint)
· Build solid relationships with internal customers, partners and stakeholders related to the service.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
· B.A. or B.S. degree preferred.
· Five (5) or more years experience with SharePoint and SharePoint Designer 2007, 2010, and 2013
· Five (5) or more year Experience with integrating Microsoft Office software capabilities in SharePoint
· Experience with developing SharePoint custom lists, content types, workflows, forms, and view
· Ability to translate business requirements into simple deliverable solutions using out of the box functionality in SharePoint
· Proven track record in working with clients at all levels and in delivering consulting to single internal customers and larger groups
· Ability to translate complex technical topics into easy to understand business language and strong business cases that take the business context into account and clearly position the overall value proposition
· Strong negotiator and facilitator / consensus builder who is able to cope with challenging situations and to interact with different professional levels
· Highly self-motivated and self-driven personality Integrative person who is able to motivate others across organizational boundaried