Location: Unity, ME Category: Clerical Posted On: Mon Mar 20 2017 Job Description:
The Experiential Education Coordinator is a part time position that works in conjunction with the Dean of the School of Environmental Citizenship, Director of Teacher Education, and select faculty as necessary to coordinate and monitor educational field experiences, assist with data assessment, and support other experiential programming. Full time opportunity may be available to candidates with the ability to coach intercollegiate athletic teams and teach college-level education courses. Please indicate interest in your applications materials.
Specific duties include:
* Work with partner schools, education placement sites, and cooperating educators to establish specific placements for students.
* Assist the Director of Teacher Education with Secondary Education Certification processes.
* Processes information and weighs evidence in complex cases to make sound decisions that balance student safety, collaboration with other departments, and institutional priorities.
* Uses institutional data governance systems to maintain accurate records, coordinates with other departments, and provides timely information in response to requests. Adapts to and adopts new technologies to improve communication and effectiveness as opportunities arise.
* Serves on college committees as assigned and works with groups as necessary to complete job responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have a Masters degree in education or related field or equivalent classroom and/or administrative experience.
1 - 3 years' experience working with college-age students in a teaching or counseling capacity in an educational setting.
Commitment to teaching, learning, and scholarship.
Experience with diverse populations.
Ability to develop partnerships and relationships with alumni, friends, parents and business partnerships.
Proficient in the use of word processing, databases and spreadsheets. Familiarity with web page management.
Professional certifications and licenses as appropriate and necessary.
Strong organizational skills and strong written and oral communication skills.
Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
Preferred: Familiarity or experience with non-formal/informal education, including environmental, adventure, or experiential education. Previous work with diverse populations. Experience teaching in the K-12 public schools.
Unity College, a private college in rural Maine, provides dedicated, engaged students with a liberal arts education emphasizing the environment, natural resources, and the emerging framework of sustainability science. A common interest in developing sustainable solutions to environmental problems unites our students, staff, and faculty. Recently named to the top 30 of the Washington Monthly colleg...e rankings and Princeton Review’s Green Rating Honor Roll, Unity is rapidly becoming recognized as a national leader in sustainability science. Unity College has just finalized its five-year strategic plan designed to transform Unity College into the “A National Beacon” for Sustainability Science, with Distance Programming as a critical objective.
Unity College is an Equal Opportunity Employer; applicants from under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Unity College seeks to attract employees who share a commitment to the environment and to human diversity, and who have an interest in helping students develop an understanding of the richness and complexity of individuals and society.