Arsenal FC seeks the right coach to become our U9-12B Youth Academy Director. This individual should possess the passion and leadership abilities to continue the tradition of excellence that our club has enjoyed in recent years. We require a coach who is innovative and can envision, develop and implement cutting edge ideas.
The club’s U9-12B Youth Academy Director is responsible for leading the daily operations and technical staff of the U9-12 training pools, tournaments, leagues and other competitions including interclub futsal. The U9-12B Youth Academy Director will also assist in community outreach programs (i.e. festivals w/ community clubs, inner-city futsal events, etc.)
Additionally, the U9-12B Youth Academy Director will ensure the club’s strategic plan is implemented in all existing and new U9-12B programs. This position must ensure that the long-range strategy achieves Arsenal FC’s mission, and that consistent and timely progress toward that goal is achieved by continuously evaluating effectiveness and currency of existing programs and suggesting potential changes.
The U9-12B Youth Academy Director will work closely and collaboratively with the Board of Directors, Boys DOC, Club Development Officer and management team to build on our existing educational programs to ensure the progress of player and coaching development. This position will need to balance the demands of this multi-faceted set of relationships.
The U9-12B Youth Academy Director is expected to play a dynamic leadership role including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Supporting the continuous improvement of best practice governance and operating systems
- Addressing the frequent changes in the soccer landscape by adjusting plans and programs accordingly
- Following and implementing policies and systems that foster management openness and transparency, with an ultimate goal of creating a seamless soccer opportunity system for members
- Oversee and guide the philosophy and pathways for the development of U9-12B players
- Develop and implement curriculum and future guidelines, based on sound principles, on the balance between training and competition at the different stages of development
U9-12B Youth Academy Director Job Description
- Maintain all of the existing technical developmental programs and implement recommendations to improve
- Increase the quality and quantity of U9-12B coaches
- Maintain a clear development structure for emerging talent
- Develop the U9-12B Technical Development Plan
- Deliver the objectives of the U9-12B Technical Development Plan in an effective manner
- Maintain procedures for monitoring and evaluating the progress of the U9-12B Technical Development Plan
- Continue to adopt a planned and progressive approach to training and competition schedules for U9-12B players at Arsenal FC
- Extend and further promote a hunger, passion and competitiveness to play at the highest levels offered
- Constantly monitor world trends within the game and within the sport
- U.S. Soccer Federation “B” License or Its equivalent (US Soccer Federation “A” License Preferred)
- U.S. Youth Soccer National Youth Coaching Certificate or its equivalent
- Experience with youth soccer and/or youth-centered organizations
- Proven track record of successful coaching and developing teams
- Experience in management, a significant portion of which is within a nonprofit organization with a member-service focus
- Excellent people skills, including strong consultative facilitation, listening, and decision making skills
- Ability to, and comfortable with, working with multiple supervisory and/or collaborative bodies
Arsenal FC of PA is competitive youth soccer club based in Pittsburgh, PA with approximately 500 players (boys and girls). We are a development driven club who focuses on building players skills through a structured and quality curriculum. Arsenal FC is relatively new club and has made great strides over the past several years. We continue to have steady growth and looking to add more professional staff to improve the club.