Amgen’s global footprint continues to expand as part of its overall growth strategy. The company is now hiring a Regional Health Economics Manager who will participate in developing and executing regional health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and real-world evidence generation (RWEG) plans within its Value Access & Policy function. The position is part of Amgen’s JAPAC region, which encompasses Japan, Australia, China and Southeast Asia countries.
This individual can be located either in Thousand Oaks, CA at the Amgen global headquarters or Hong Kong at the Amgen Asia office and will report to the Director for Health Economics supporting JAPAC.
1. Assists in the development of regional HEOR and RWEG strategy and research plans
2. Designs existing database studies, develops research protocols, and manages internal review/approval process
3. Develops analysis plans and carries out statistical analyses for HEOR and RWEG projects
4. Produces study reports relating to HEOR and RWEG projects
5. Develops and oversees/conducts relevant meta-analysis, systematic review, PRO, utility measurement or other outcomes research study as determined by product evidence generation plans/strategy
6. Manages cost-effectiveness model and budget impact model adaptations, through literature and database analysis to generate required model inputs (costs and clinical) for regional/affiliate use, and works with vendors or Amgen internal center of excellence if necessary
7. Delivers data/information, including but not limited to epidemiology, treatment patterns, burden and cost of illness, to inform a variety of cross-functional deliverables such as submission documents for government reimbursement
8. Prepares regional HEOR and RWEG publications and disseminations and manages internal publication review process
9. Identifies, tracks, and manages regional database repository
10. Selects and works with study vendors
11. Coordinates product and project activities
12. Has budget responsibility for projects
Doctorate Degree or currently enrolled in PhD program and must complete all requirements necessary to obtain PhD prior to employment start date
Master's Degree and 3 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of health economics and outcomes research experience
• Masters or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, Statistics/biostatistics, Pharmacy Administration or related discipline, or MD and PharmD with a post-doctoral fellowship in one of these areas
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills – including experiences working in SAS to at least intermediate level in a work or academic setting
• Good knowledge of HEOR and RWEG methods and understanding of the health technology and pharmaceutical industry
• Good understanding of epidemiologic principles, theories and concepts as well as knowledge of clinical trials
• Experience working with large healthcare databases, such as electronic medical record databases, hospital databases, health insurance claims databases, or collaborative epidemiologic research
• Experience in health economics and outcomes research studies and dossier submissions for reimbursement at regional and country level, preferably in JAPAC region
• A commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with others in and across the team to accomplish goals
• Good team-based interpersonal skills but also an ability to work independently
• Experience in developing pharmacoeconomic models
• Experience working with consumers of outcomes information
• Proven record of consistent productivity
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
• Ability to communicate in Chinese, Japanese or Korean both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of JAPAC health care environment, epidemiology, economics, biostatics, psychometrics and medical writing
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Global Health Economics contributes by ensuring patient and payer perspectives are incorporated into the value generated for these innovative biologics. The department is committed to developing comprehensive evidence packages across cost modeling, database analysis, and patient reported outcomes to achieve unparalleled health technology submissions.
Amgen's outstanding compensation package features comprehensive benefits. To learn more about this opportunity and to apply, please visit us online at http://careers.amgen.com/ and search job #R-33329
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.