This 12-month term or tenure-eligible faculty position primarily serves as faculty for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program and incorporates traditional faculty roles (teaching, scholarship, practice and service) consistent with a term or tenure-eligible faculty appointment. Specifically, this position includes involvement in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; didactic instruction, coordination of multiple clinical sections and clinical education sites; developing preceptors and appropriate clinical sites for FNP students; and clinical supervision of individual FNP students. Faculty members are engaged and active participants of school governance activities; implements and attains annual achievements consistent with rank as well as those that would lead to promotion to a higher rank. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated scholarly achievement and teaching experience.
- Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU's Quest for Distinction (www.future.vcu.edu/)
- Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, scholarship and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center
- Participates in all aspects of curriculum including teaching in classroom or clinical settings
- Contributes to curriculum development, implementation and evaluation
- Maintains ongoing scholarly contributions to their field such as translation of evidence to practice, presentations or manuscript publications
- Maintains a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession and community
- Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
The faculty member will have teaching assignments in programs at the undergraduate and graduate level.
2. Research (Scholarship)
The faculty member will demonstrate evidence of building scholarship in a focused area of research, efforts to influence clinical practice and will disseminate research and/or practice knowledge through publications and presentations.
The faculty member will serve on departmental, school, and university committees as necessary, as well as participate in professional activities.
The faculty member can maintain a program of active clinical practice in a specialty area.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia
- Master's degree in nursing
- Licensure or eligible for licensure in Virginia as an advanced practice nurse
- Currently certified in nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Experience in a practice role
- Documented effectiveness in collaboration and communication
- Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complex environment
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
-Doctoral degree (PhD or DNP) in nursing or related field. - Experience in higher education including teaching, simulation instruction, accreditation, program review or assessment
- Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service
- If seeking a tenured or tenure-eligible position, has an established area of research
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.
Internal Number: 68675
About Virginia Commonwealth University
One of the nation's top research universities, VCU enrolls more than 31,000 students on two Richmond campuses the Monroe Park Campus and MCV Campus. Situated in the heart of Richmond, the capital of Virginia since 1779, Virginia Commonwealth University serves an integral role in the economic health of the city educating the current and future workforce, reaching out to the community, advancing research and enhancing patient care.