Closing: Director of Equipment & Business Operations
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
The Director of Business Operations is responsible for developing and managing equipment operations including ordering, delivery, inventory, distribution, laundry, collection and storing of all equipment and uniforms. This position will oversee and manage athletic team travel. This position will assist with financial transaction management, and support Campus Recreation for equipment and apparel purchasing.
1. Equipment Operations - purchasing, inventory, and storage.
2. Uniforms - purchasing, inventory, and storage.
3. Athletic Team Travel - Contract and transportation agreements. Schedule and manage transportation, lodging, meals, and itineraries.
4. Oversee equipment room and laundry room usage.
5. Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the College and its employees, and the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (including, but not limited to, NCAA Bylaw, Article 11 and its requirement to report all athletically-related income and benefits from sources outside of the College to the President) and of the West Coast Conference as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Supervise and ensure that any assistants and any other employees and/or volunteers for whom you are administratively responsible comply with the aforesaid policies, rules, and regulations. Immediately advise the Director of Athletics and Recreational Sports if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
Experience and Qualifications:
Education: REQUIRED: Bachelor of Arts PREFERRED: Master of Art's
Experience: (years required and applicable field of experience)Three to seven years of relevant experience
Skills/Abilities: (e.g. computer skills, written & verbal skills, trades, laws, procedures, technical) Experience/background in athletic facility planning and maintenance. Proven ability in the administrative oversight of student staff. Proficiency with word-processing software, and database management. Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate with a diverse community of students, faculty, coaches, administrators, and staff. Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion. Excellent oral and written communication skills.Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, competing for tasks and priorities. Team-oriented individual with the ability to take initiative and see projects through to completion. Understanding and supportive of the values and ideals of the Lasallian, Catholic, and liberal arts tradition.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.