Investment Banking, Power, Utilities & Infrastructure, Associate – Hong Kong
May 9, 2018
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Within Investment Banking Division (IBD), we are currently seeking a highly self-motivated Associate to join our high-performing Global Power & Utilities and Transportation (GPUG) team.
Based in Hong Kong, this Associate will be expected to focus on advanced financial modeling and provide all-round transaction support to senior and experienced professionals who will encourage you to go beyond the numbers and think creatively.
- Daily responsibilities include managing day-to-day execution for M&A and capital markets transactions; provide guidance to analysts on financial modelling, financial and industry analysis, preparation of external marketing materials and internal reporting documents; quality check and take ownership of work done by analysts
- Specific subsectors covered by our team:
- clean and renewables power generation including solar, wind, hydro, nuclear and gas-fired, as well as other thermal power;
- clean tech (solar module and wind turbine value chains, grid-scale power storage) and other power equipment (power generation and grid equipment)
- environmental protection including waste to energy, wastewater treatment;
- power and gas transmission & distribution and water supply;
- aviation, shipping & logistics
- Infrastructure assets (roads, ports, airports)
- A university degree in Finance or related disciplines with excellent academic results
- At least 3 years of hands-on IBD experience in deal or transaction support with industry knowledge in power, utilities or infrastructure
- Fluency in English and Mandarin are highly preferred
- Strong analytical and numerical skills (financial modeling)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
- Strong team player who is able to work effectively in a team environment