Global Financial Crimes - Institutional Securities Group Program Enhancement & Validation, Director (Hong Kong)
May 12, 2018
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm's businesses.
Background on the Team
Morgan Stanley's Global Financial Crimes (GFC) Group, an integral part of the global Legal and Compliance Division, is charged with day-to-day oversight and coordination of the AML and Sanctions Program covering all of the Firm's various businesses globally, including Institutional Securities Group (e.g. Fixed Income and Commodities, Global Capital Markets, Institutional Equities, Investment Banking, Wealth Management and Research) and Investment Management.
- Provide program enhancement and implementation coverage for APAC ISG program in support of global deliverables and regional priorities;
- Critical role in supporting the AML program developed at global level in APAC to remediate weaknesses and gaps identified externally (regulators, external auditors) and internally (Internal Audit, GFC Testing) thereby raising the AML/KYC controls standards;
- Assist the regional Head of APAC GFC to drive implementation of programs through analysis, prioritization of implementation phases based on system dependencies, risk based analysis and local regulatory considerations;
- Implement regulatory changes impacting GFC in APAC and understand and translate rules changes for planning and implementation;
- Perform deep-dive reviews on certain countries or desks to ensure the existing framework remains appropriate.
- Support the execution of the Global KYC Standards program with plans for implementation across impacted jurisdictions;
- Drive streamlining efficiencies in the execution of Global KYC Standards for APAC ISG – leverage 'rules-of-the-road' that have been previously developed;
- Support enhancements in APAC aligned to global program standards in ensuring processes are appropriately documented.
- Strong understanding of MS Global Standards, technology platforms and organizational processes;
- Good understanding of the AML risk concepts including controls and related processes, requirements across APAC;
- Proven AML SME experience in APAC, with good planning and organizational skills and strong ability to implement initiatives independently;
- Proactive and resourceful problem solver who takes the lead to work with internal stakeholders in a collaborative manner to help deliver solutions;
- Knowledge of data analysis and advanced excel functionalities as well as fluency in Cantonese/Mandarin will be an asset.