It is the mission of the Department of Athletics and Recreation at Bridgewater State University to provide varsity, intramural, club and recreational activities to address the needs, interests and capabilities of our students, faculty and staff. All activities are conducted with fair sportmanlike principles for men and women as mandated by our various sports governing bodies. With service to our campus as a priority, our activities are intended to enhance and be a vital part of the total collegiate experience for all participants.
This is a full-time, 11 month position and is responsible to assist the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine in the supervision, prevention, care, management, and disposition of injuries and illnesses sustained by student-athletes.
This is an exempt, APA unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
SUPERVISIONRECEIVED: Reports to the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine, receives direction from designated Team Physician and Director of Athletics.
SUPERVISIONEXERCISED: Supervises subordinate professional personnel assigned to area, as well as, athletic training students under the rules, regulations, and procedures set forth by the Athletic Training Education Program, their accrediting agency and the Athletic Training/Sports Medicine Department.
1. Assist the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine in the supervision, prevention, care, management, and disposition of injuries and illnesses sustained by student-athletes.
2. Recognize and supervise the prevention, care, management of injuries and illnesses to student-athletes, including the coverage of team practices and contests.
3. Assist the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine in the management of the Athletic Training/Sports Medicine facilities, including upholding established policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
4. Supervise student-athletes, athletic training students, and athletic training staff members as appropriate.
5. Maintain appropriate documentation of all injuries and illnesses to student-athletes.
6. Maintain current knowledge and skills of standards of practice in the file of Athletic Training/Sports Medicine as established by the NATA, NCAA, and other appropriate, recognized organizations.
7. Responsible for offering programs of strength training, conditioning and rehabilitation for student-athletes as deemed necessary.
8. Advise in the purchasing, proper use and proper fit of protective equipment.
9. Assist Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine in budget preparation as well as inventory and supply management.
10. Assist the Office of Equal Opportunity /Title IX Coordinator office as a responsible employee with regard to incidents of sexual or gender-based harm or discrimination.
11. Perform related duties as required.
12. Plan and implement assessment efforts that inform data driven decision making for the programs, services and activities within the core duties of this position.
13. Develop and implement intentional programs, services and activities within the core duties of this position that will meet the unique needs of all student populations.
14. Utilize diversity and social justice practices to promote student success as it relates to the core duties of this position.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Certification by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA-BOC) required
Must be eligible for licensure by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Athletic Training http://www.mass.gov/dpl/boards/ah/cmr/25904.htm#4.03.
Minimum of one year of experience in a related field required.
Knowledge of theory/practice of athletic training.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to work evening, weekends, and holidays as playing and practice season schedule dictates.
Ability to lift 25 lbs. with appropriate accommodation
Masters degree preferred
2-3 Years' experience in a related field preferred
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Activities are performed indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions. Activities require incumbent to stand for varying lengths of time, frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds with appropriate accommodations if needed. Activities also require ability to travel moderate distances to perform work at athletic event locations.
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
Internal Number: 10894
About Bridgewater State University
Since its founding in 1840, Bridgewater has remained steadfast in its commitment to empower individuals and instill in its community an abiding desire to advance the public good. Our rigorous and dynamic academic environment encourages students and faculty to develop their strengths and become leaders in their fields. At the same time, we strive to lead by example. As the university continues to build momentum, we continuously reinvest in the success of our students and our region.