Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the EMEA Risk Management Division, the Market Risk Department identifies, measures, monitors, advises, challenges and controls market risks generated by the UK Group market-making and banking activities.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Analyst/Associate to cover FX and EM Market Risk working in the wider FICC Market Risk team which also covers Commodities, Rates, Corporate Credit and Securitized Products, and consists of 12 people across London and Budapest. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well as both an individual and as a member of the larger regional and global team.
Core responsibilities will include:
· Assessment of key risk measures including VaR and sensitivities to ensure accuracy and reasonableness.
· P&L analysis including identification of key drivers.
· Development of new reports for use both internally within MRD and reporting to various Committees.
· Review and consolidation of existing reports.
· Review of benchmarks used in risk calculations.
· Limit monitoring, analysis and reporting.
· Ensuring adherence to market risk controls.
· Involvement in regulatory projects such as FDSF.
· Ad-hoc risk management projects including backtesting analysis.
· Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background, including a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering.
· Candidates will be expected to show good judgment of risks and an understanding of risk areas covered, in particular Fixed Income and Equities, including markets, models and products.
· Strong IT skills are required to facilitate data analysis, including VBA, SQL and macros.
· The role involves working closely with several other areas including IT, Risk Infrastructure, Model Risk and therefore the candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships and be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
· Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3112433 here.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.