Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Regulatory Control team is responsible for reporting financial information to the Firms regulators. The team is a subset of the Legal Entity Controller (LEC) function in Glasgow. The Glasgow team is the largest LEC group within Morgan Stanley, comprising c.50 controllers, managing two-thirds of the Firm's global population.
FINREP is a European regulatory requirement introduced to harmonise reporting for European Banks. FINREP aligns with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the EBA's implementing standard. Reporting is completed on a quarterly basis.
FINREP reporting requirements are expanding with changes in Regulation in the UK and Europe. High calibre individuals are required to join the FINREP reporting team.
The associate role will support the production and governance process for the FINREP submissions. The role will report into a manager the team and will be responsible for a number of complex disclosures within the FINREP submission. In addition to FINREP production this role will be involved in projects to develop the processes and system to support the expanding requirements.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding FINREP data model and policy requirements
- Completion of a number FINREP templates in line with Regulator requirements
- Reconciliation to monthly management accounts
- Presentation to senior management of key reporting results
- Managing relationships across stakeholder groups and subject matter experts within finance
- Data management for FINREP templates including reduction of data gaps and quality control checks
- Analytical review of and preparation of management information to support the FINREP submission.
Candidates for the role should have accountancy experience. Ideally should be accountancy qualified (CA, CIMA, ACCA) or time served with experience of:
- Financial reporting e.g. management accounts or financial statements
- Managing and communicating with stakeholders
- Managing and analysing high volumes of data
The candidate should display the following skill set:
- Committed and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative & problem solving abilities
- Strong communication and organizational skills,
- Strong work ethic with a ability to take responsibility for completing tasks and working to tight deadlines
- Appreciation of escalation and risk awareness
- Analytical skills with a control focus and high regard for attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM3