Alkermes is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com .
Alkermes, Inc. is seeking a Director to join the Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) team (located in Waltham, MA) to develop and execute strategic plans to support the value proposition of Alkermes products through each stage of the lifecycle. He/she will develop and implement (US) economics and outcomes strategy for one or more products within a therapeutic area. This is a strategic as well as a technical position with project-specific responsibilities. The Director will collaborate with colleagues in other functional areas including those in Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Government Policy, Regulatory, Brand and Payer Marketing, and National Account Teams. This person must have a successful track record of developing HEOR strategies and executing project plans for products in development through post-launch. This position reports to the Senior Director and Head of HEOR. Key Responsibilities:
· Support the development of clinical, economic, and patient-centered value propositions related to Alkermes products
· Lead the development of HEOR strategy and supporting tactics during product
· Identify and develop creative and innovative HEOR solutions that are necessary to support product value proposition and Medical, Commercial and Market Access plans. Studies may include, but are not limited to:
o Retrospective database analyses
o Cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
o Indirect treatment comparisons and systematic reviews
o Non-interventional real-world effectiveness studies
o Clinical outcomes assessment (COA) measure development and validation
· Effectively lead external research partners to ensure projects are scientifically rigorous, medically relevant and address business needs as well as the needs of patients, health care providers and payers.
· Support the development of the AMCP and other value dossiers, peer-review publications as well as process and quality of care tools that support formulary decision making and treatment of appropriate populations
· Collaborate with home office and field-based internal experts in the development and execution of field-based, customer-focused initiatives (e.g., models, dossiers, scientific communications, slide kits, formulary/regulatory dossiers)
· Train and support internal colleagues (e.g., medical and payer field teams) on HEOR methodologies and data results
· Provide technical oversight and guidance to research support staff; serve as an internal resource for research design, HEOR methodologies, analytic techniques and reporting of health economic and outcomes research
· Ensure that Alkermes’ clinical development programs contain outcomes measures that are appropriate and meaningful to patients, health care providers and payers
· Maintain close working relationships with cross functional colleagues within Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Marketing, field teams) to support and enhance clinical development programs and access to our products
· Identify and maintain successful research relationships with HEOR key opinion leaders and other clinical/academic consultants
· Represents the Alkermes Medical Professional Services department for HEOR-related activities at external professional, scientific meetings and forums
Desired skills and experience:
· Advanced degree (PhD, MD, MPH, or PharmD) in a scientific discipline. A clinical background should be supplemented with advanced quantitative training demonstrated by an MPH or MS in a relevant field.
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in health economics, and outcomes research; with at least 3 years within a pharmaceutical or biotech company
· In-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry including the pharmaceutical industry(R&D, clinical research and commercialization) as well as the managed care marketplace, hospital systems, and integrated systems of care
· Competency in medical science, epidemiology, clinical trials, drug development, outcomes research, and pharmacoeconomics including a deep understanding of research methods, health economics, and related disciplines
· Demonstrated capabilities to develop HEOR strategic plans and manage multiple studies simultaneously; excellent project management to ensure studies delivered on time and within budget
· Excellent process and project management skills including the ability to manage a significant volume of projects with exercise of good triage and judgment skills
· Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals demonstrating experience in COAs, observational research, and/or health economics
· Results oriented and excellent analytic and collaboration skills combined with robust project management capabilities
· Proven record of outstanding written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, with experience interacting with and presenting to key customers
· Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment; demonstrated business acumen
· Highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently, deal with complex issues, develop creative solutions to complex problems, and relate to multiple internal and external stakeholders
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Internal Number: 7982
Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com .