Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$950 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2016, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Client Service Manager to join our EMEA Client Service Group. This individual will work closely with our Global Wealth Management (GWM) team to meet the servicing needs of our Distributors.
The Client Service Manager will be responsible for managing service delivery for Financial Intermediary / Wealth Management clients, driving resolution of client service matters, and meeting with clients/distributors to discuss operational and servicing related activities on a regular basis. He/she will develop a strong understanding of clients'/distributors' servicing requirements, monitor and proactively manage the relationship, including overseeing legal agreements, and evaluate the firm's client service capabilities/gaps and related risks driven by client/distributor requirements. In addition, we expect the Client Service Manager to develop strong relationships with counterparts at our distributors over time.
In addition to working closely with the GWM team and developing relationships with the appropriate parties at the distributors, the Client Service Manager will also work in close coordination with appropriate internal constituencies to ensure client/distributor expectations are met and exceeded. This Client Service Manager will be expected to understand industry best practice by participating in industry conferences and relevant forums, and innovate processes and procedures as appropriate.
The Client Service Manager is likely to have:
* A strong academic background, including a Bachelors degree. A post-graduate or professional qualification (e.g. CFA) would be viewed favourably;
* Significant (10+ years') of relevant Asset Management industry experience. Experience of onboarding and supporting GWM / Financial Intermediary business relationships is essential, including the legal and 'Know your Distributor' requirements;
* Demonstrable knowledge of the operational complexities of global private banks;
* Knowledge of both separate account/sub-advisory business and fund distribution;
* Significant expertise with complex operational related issues, and strong capital markets knowledge;
* Familiarity with upcoming regulatory changes within the distribution channel;
* Demonstrable relationship building and collaboration skills;
* Sound business judgement, and the ability to synthesize complex issues and to balance competing objectives and risks;
* Strong project management, influencing and consensus building skills, coupled with strong quantitative, written and verbal communication skills;
* European language skills would be advantageous.
JOB TITLE Client Service Manager, Global Wealth Management
JOB FAMILY Client Service
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .