Union Level: Department: Student Life Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301355P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary based on business needs. Occasional evening and weekends required (4-5x/year) with some travel. Position End Date: Open Date: 05/14/2018 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions: For first consideration please apply before May 23, 2018.
Primary Purpose: Under general supervision provides administrative support to fulfill objectives of the Center for Community Involvement and serves as the CCI's primary point of contact.
The essential functions listed below are intended to identify those generally assigned, the position may perform many but not all, in addition, other responsibilities may be assigned that are unit specific and based on business need.
Essential Functions: 1. Performs administrative duties using working knowledge of the units policies, procedures and practices.
2. Hires, supervises, evaluates, and provides learning opportunities for student leaders/employees.
3. Provides oversight and direction to student employees:
Creates and monitors schedules
Assigns and reviews work
Reviews and submits timesheets
4. Provides budget and accounting support as well as some business managers functions:
Processes accounts payable and/or reimbursement requests in timely manner.
Reconciles and processes Pro-Card activity and statements.
Runs monthly budget reports from internal system, reviews with supervisor and processes any changes or adjustments requested.
Manages units cash receipts by tracking and/or posting payments, preparing deposits for approval and submitting to cashiers office.
Manages multiple accounts and types of accounts including some business managers functions including billing of clients and community partners.
Performs basic financial analysis, cost/revenue modeling, and return on investment data, suggesting recommendations for resolution/continuous improvement.
5. Monitors office equipment, facilities and duplicating services ensuring all are operational and have no need of repair. Orders units supplies, repair of equipment and facilities when needed or requested.
6. Responds to unit personnel on general inquiries and provides information to those the unit serves.
7. Maintains a variety of department records both electronically and manually including but not limited to employee and client files, student records and areas of compliance such as the explanation of pre-employment requirement for student workers, university and state mandated reporting procedures, monitoring of work study allocations, and sick leave.
8. Coordinates units calendar of events and ensures unit personnel are updated with current University information.
9. Organizes and/or assists with the coordination of unit events as assigned to include but not limited to:
Arranges for facilities and equipment set-up as well as technical support
Requests for payment to vendors/accounts
Manages event expenses
Purchases supplies/materials needed for events
Serves as primary department contact and coordinator to campus departments/units as necessary
Arranges for guest or presenters to ensure their needs are met.
10. Composes and prepares letters, correspondence, special reports, technical papers, presentations and e-mail using standard software applications and in a form consistent with standard business practice. Takes meeting minutes for review and/or distribution.
11. Schedules and/or arranges meetings, travel, lodging for unit personnel or visitors. Ensures reimbursements are made when appropriate.
12. Provides technical support to others within office on University supported software applications and overall communication regarding technology challenges by working with appropriate personnel to create solutions.
13. Assists with managing the departments website and third-party web-based platforms by coordinating web training, assisting with content development, and supporting website changes & conversion.
14. Recommends new procedures for streamlining administrative duties or office functions.
15. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Two (2) years responsible administrative experience, using current software such as: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and email.
One (1) year of post-high school.
Knowledge of modern office methods, supplies and equipment that are adequate to successfully complete difficult and complex documents.
Experience with supervision and evaluation of employees.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computer office software including word-processing, spreadsheet applications and mail merge functions. PowerPoint or similar programs highly desired.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, departments, and others.
Excellent phone & customer service skills, office organization, event/meeting scheduling and records management skills.
Familiarity with budget and bookkeeping and data analysis experience desired.
Ability to support the assessments of business needs & requirements.
Manage complex processes and procedures while prioritizing follow-though.
Willing and able to exercise initiative and to work independently with frequent deadlines.
Ability to train others in advanced customer service techniques.
Demonstrated increasing responsibility providing administrative support in a busy office environment, a non-profit unit or equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
Associate of Arts degree or higher strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours, overtime may be necessary based on business needs. Occasional evening and weekends required (4-5x/year) with some travel.
Hiring Range: Min $15.29 per hour to Mid $19.81 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu