Union Level: IV Department: Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Campus: San Francisco Posting Number: 201301344P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Position is five (5) days per week, seven and one half (7.5) hours per day. Position End Date: Open Date: 05/15/2018 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Under the supervision of the Lab Director, performs various administrative, and research duties for the Craniofacial Research Instrumentation Lab (CRIL) as requested by the director and co-director.
Essential Functions: 1. Assist pre-doctoral students, residents, and faculty in research activities including data acquisition, operation of data-manipulation software and hardware, and maintenance of backup and archival libraries; schedule and monitor use of the labs computers and associated devices; provide low-level technical support; answer inquiries as needed.
2. Assist in the creation and distribution of CRIL research materials; assist in acquiring and processing data from written and physical records including digital x-ray and photographic images; collect, process, and archive data using commercial and locally-developed software; maintain computer backups.
3. Assist in the preparation of presentations and publications; conduct literature searches for relevant data and references; create graphics and illustrations; prepare tables; transcribe data and text as needed.
5. Order office and laboratory supplies; process invoices and expense reimbursements; prepare purchase orders, requisitions, checks requests and other financial paperwork.
6. Maintain and update digital and paper filing systems; maintain archival storage and retrieval procedures for CRIL.
7. Coordinate research meeting schedules for faculty, staff, and students.
8. Coordinate travel arrangements and reimbursement paperwork; make room/equipment reservations for meetings/seminars for the CRIL department.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Director, Co- Director or designee.
Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge of: 1. Office methods and procedures. 2. Intermediate Microsoft Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Adobe Photoshop.
Ability to: 1. Operate common office machines including computers, scanners, printers, and copiers. 2. Compose, type, edit, and proofread correspondence.
Experience: 1. Minimum of two years administrative experience.
Education: 1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to: 1. Work independently and as a member of a team; actively demonstrate an attitude of willing service and teamwork. 2. Learn and implement new skills quickly. Be flexible and adaptive to changes in departmental needs. 3. Manage time, organize duties/assignments, set priorities to meet multiple deadlines. 4. Maintain precise attention to detail while working effectively and accurately with multiple interruptions. 5. Project a professional image and demonstrate strong, effective communicative and interpersonal skills. 6. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Experience: 1. Previous experience in an academic or data research setting desirable.
Education: Bachelor degree preferred.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1. Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard, mouse and phone. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, bending, reaching and walking. 2. Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs should be anticipated.
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu