The Director, Surgical Services is the Nursing Leader responsible for the day-to-day operation and oversight of Surgical Services This position is focused on the direction, supervision, and overall coordination of nursing care provided to ensure a delivery of high quality, cost effective care that is centered around the needs of the patient.
· Leads initiatives resulting in enhanced physician, patient and associate satisfaction and improved quality.
· Creates an environment that facilitates innovative patient care delivery with a focus on infection prevention and patient safety.
· Ensures that adequate, appropriately competent and qualified staff is available to meet patient care needs.
· Ensures that an organizational structure is developed, implemented and maintained which supports quality, efficient and safe patient care while enhancing patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
· Ensures a program for initial and ongoing staff education is in place and providing quality services for all staff as defined within applicable and accepted professional standards.
· Actively works to develop and maintain good working relationships with medical staff, other leadership within the organization and staff.
· Responsible for oversight and validation of department budgets, maintaining financial accountability and working with the CNO/COO, CFO, Physician directors, OR Steering Committee and others to address areas of concern within financially and clinically driven performance reports.
· Ensures that Surgical Services are compliant with the recommended standards of governing bodies including: The Joint Commission, AORN, and AAMI.
· Demonstrates the ability to coordinate work across departmental lines; shares resources; and works with peers to reduce conflict, duplication or waste, build a climate of trust.
· Collaboratively works with peers and physicians to set and achieve interdepartmental/organizational goals and resolve barriers to interdepartmental/organizational performance.
· Ensures satisfactory relationships with medical staff including clear and concise communication regarding Surgical Services and hospital issues.
RN Licensure required
Bachelors Degree from four year college or university.
Masters Degree in health related field preferred.
3-5 years acute care management experience
Surgical Services background required.
Specialty Certification preferred.
Product line development experience preferred.
Internal Number: 3586
About Lake Regional Health System
Lake Regional Health System is a not-for-profit organization is a 116-bed, state-of-the-art medical facility supporting a full range of medical and surgical services and also operates primary care clinics in seven surrounding communities: Camdenton, Eldon, Iberia, Lake Ozark, Laurie, Macks Creek and Osage Beach, two Urgent Care Clinics, 18 specialty clinics and three pharmacies in the lake area. In addition, the health system operates four satellite rehab therapy clinics as well as Lake Regional Home Health, which provides nursing and therapy care for patients in Camden, Miller and parts of Morgan counties. Plus, LRHS has an 18 bed Intensive Care/Cardiac Care Unit, a Level I nursery and is a Level III trauma center. Lake Regional Hospital, a 501(c)(3) corporation, is accredited by The Joint Commission and is a three-time recipient of the Missouri Quality Award. Our CommunityThe Lake of the Ozarks is a community that offers small town hospitality in a resort setting. The beautiful Lake of the Ozarks offers a safe environment to raise our family with excellent educational opportunities while enjoying a lower cost of living than found in other U.S. cities.