SUMMARY: This role is a development opportunity for a current Account Manager seeking an opportunity to grow and advance into a Strategic Account Manager. The Critical Account Manager - OEM is responsible for leading a virtual, global team in the development and execution of local and global sales strategies and plans to acquire new business for assigned products, solutions and services to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining partnership relationships at (1-2) assigned critical accounts in the Western Michigan Territory, engaging with distributor and Rockwell Automation resources to ensure effective and efficient utilization of those resources. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Develop and implement a local and global sales strategy for the assigned account(s), leveraging resources inside and outside of the territory to drive sales growth and customer initiatives.
2. Establish, executive level relationships with the customer base and understand the customers' processes, drivers and business model.
3. Coordinate and communicate with local Rockwell Automation resources, sales management and the distributor organizations.
5. Provide application knowledge and industry expertise. Manage sales activities according to Rockwell Automation's Insight selling philosophy.
6. Qualify customer opportunities, engage the appropriate resources and coordinate the solution design to impact the customer's decision process and present solutions to the customer (value proposition). Organize and manage a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrate competitive data and strategy into proposals.
4. Maintain accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system.
7. Team with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers. Negotiate contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances through distributor.
8. Engage the Rockwell Automation account team and senior Management, as required, to plan for and win opportunities.
11. Support customer/internal program reviews and also the development of territory level Market Focus Plan.
13. Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
14. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet #LI-GE1 #LI-GE1
Internal Number: 2555757
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.