Assists in the development of the annual statistical, revenue, salary, supply and expense budgets for the Medical Center under the direction of the Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations and Vice President of Revenue Cycle and Managed Care.
[ Responsibilities ]
- Reviews budget submissions for accuracy and follows up with Department Managers for clarification of inconsistencies. Prepares analyses in support of major expense categories/general ledger accounts for Senior Management review. Prepares statistics, expense and revenue monthly spreads for the budget.
- Assists in the preparation of month end financial package including statistical and expense variance analyses. Works in concert with General Accounting to generate monthly expense accruals.
- Prepares mandatory monthly and quarterly survey filings to outside agencies. Responds to external inquiries for additional information.
- Develops and maintains all Third Party Liability accounts under the direction of the Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations. Prepares annual audit review document including all supporting documentation.
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of Third Party reimbursement reports, including but not limited to; Medicare/Medicaid cost report, IRIS GME/IME FTE Report, NJ Acute Care Hospital cost report, DSH Examination, Occupational Mix Survey, Tricare CAP/DME Reimbursement Request.
- Analyzes cost report settlement work papers for accuracy and identifies inconsistencies which require follow-up and/or resolution.
- Generates and reviews quarterly Provider Statistical and Reimbursement System (PS & R) reports to monitor Medicare payments throughout the year. Any discrepancies or material changes in payments are to be researched and communicated to the Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations, Vice President of Revenue Cycle and Managed Care, and Assistant Vice President of Patient Financial Services with appropriate corrective action taken if necessary.
- Reviews and validates government agency published data files related to Medical Center reimbursement including but not limited to, occupational and wage index files, state subsidy allocations (Charity Care, GME, DSRIP) cost to charge ratio calculations and Medicare/Medicaid rate components/factor updates.
- Supports government payer audits by researching and providing documentation, as requested.
- Loads new Medicare/Medicaid rates (including Cost to Charge Ratio and any other factor updates) into the financial system and communicates information to any other system or contracted vendors who utilize rate factors as part of their engagement with CentraState, with notification to the Assistant Vice President of Patient Financial Services and Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations.
- Under the direction of the Director of Budget, Reimbursement and Financial Operations interprets and quantifies the impact of new Federal and State regulations.
- Provides analytic support as needed and dictated by department and senior management.
Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Healthcare required. Work Experience:
- Three to five years in Healthcare Financial experience preferred.
Strong analytical/communication skills are required, including but not limited to, spreadsheet preparation and analysis, presentation development/delivery, and the development of internal/external correspondence. Must be computer literate and possess the skill set to learn/utilize new software and to identify/implement improved functionality of existing software. Possess strong decision making skills within the scope of the position. Must be able to successfully perform multiple functions, be readily available to adapt to shifting priorities, and maintain a high level of productivity to achieve departmental goals.
[ Physical Demands ]
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Exposure: No expected exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Sitting – Frequently
Standing/Walking – Rarely
Kneeling/Stooping – Rarely
Bending/Climbing – Rarely
Reaching above shoulder, at waist or below waist – Rarely
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling up to 40 pounds – Never
Lifting/Pushing or Pulling over 40 pounds – Never
Typing/Filing – Frequently Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
[ Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion]
CentraState Healthcare System prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary consideration of such characteristics such as race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy), affectual or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or limitation, medical condition, genetic information, or veteran or military status, as well as any other legally protected class of persons and acts, in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.