Hankey's Radio Inc. is seeking to add a technician to our service team. Since 1922 we have serviced radio communications equipment. Our technicians work on a wide range of electronic equipment centered on Motorola Two-way Radio Systems. Major systems include: ASTRO25 and Astro 7.x Simulcast Trunking Systems. Microwave Radios and Bi-directional Amplifiers, to computers and small LANs, you don't get bored, you get challenged.
Qualifications: * Experience with Motorola Systems and two-way Radios is preferred and a plus.
* Military, commercial training in electronics, ETA-I CETa, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, Cisco CCNA, network experience/certifications a plus.
* Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees, work without direct supervision, have a valid driver’s license, and are a US Citizen.
* Ability to use electronic test equipment; Aeroflex 3900 skills are a plus, Antrisu Sitemaster skills are a plus, spectrum analyzers, watt meters, transmission test sets, frequency counters, T1 test kits, power meters...etc. NEC and/or Harris microwave equipment experience a plus.
** Technicians are required to become ETA-I Certified Electronics Technicians within one year of hire. Company provides study materials and testing. Duties:
*Technicians work both in the field and on the bench. All tools and test equipment provided.
* Establishes radio system by installing transmitters, receivers, mountings, and supports; programming equipment and making adjustments to bring performance within specifications; following industry standards; coordinating with contractors.
*Change out network routers and switches to include reloading basic configuration and updating OS image.
* Plans radio installations by assessing installation site; studying technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools.
* Maintains and improves service by completing preventive maintenance requirements; verifying problems with users; diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing problems; replacing and upgrading components; referring to schematics, manuals, and manufacturers' instructions; updating equipment records.
*Program radios and ancillary equipment.
*Update customer database information.
*Qualified System Technicians rotate on call duties about 1 week out of the month and will periodically attend in and out-of-state equipment and system training.