PeaceHealth is seeking a Building Engineer I for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 10 Hours .
Req ID: 166057
JOB SUMMARY Operate, maintain, repair and improve facility and utility system equipment and systems as assigned to the facility management department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Complete preventive maintenance on assigned utility systems and non-medical equipment as specified in hospital procedures.
2. Complete corrective maintenance including rebuilding of all equipment assigned to the facility department.
3. Operate building equipment and utility systems in a manner that will optimize the provision of a code compliant, safe, comfortable and healing environment for patients, visitors and staff.
4. Respond to and resolve minor facility installation and repair requests for electrical, plumbing and department equipment as assigned.
5. Document work on computerized work orders in such a way as to provide accurate repair and preventive maintenance history.
6. Requisition, order and use maintenance and repair parts in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
7. Coordinate, oversee and ensure outside vendor service is properly completed and meets hospital standards for repair and maintenance as assigned.
8. Maintain and continually enhance operation, maintenance and repair knowledge of hospital utility systems and components, non-medical equipment and other assigned fixtures and appliances.
9. Respond to and resolve alarm or emergency situations involving utility systems, life safety systems and equipment, general facility equipment including all non-medical fixtures and appliances.
10. Maintain knowledge of hospital disaster, fire and hazardous material emergency processes. Actively participates in drills and critiques as well as actual emergencies. 11. Maintain knowledge of current required safety practice and always perform daily work in compliance with these safety practices. 12. Perform equipment in-coming inspection and installation as assigned. 13. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION : Specialized training of 13 to 24 months after high school in mechanical or electrical fields. Associate's degree in electrical or mechanical field of study preferred.
Minimum three years' experience in facility maintenance.
Basic electronic and computer systems knowledge preferred.
OTHER SKILLS: Competency in operation of computerized building automation systems; knowledge of mechanical and electrical building systems; competent with power tools used in facility maintenance.
Work constantly requires active physical exertion less than 66% of the time.
Ability to lift up to 80 lbs
Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Southwest Medical Center (150) Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities Shift: Night Shift Length: 10 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 32.12 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: none
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities ||Environmental Services/Facilities || Full Time || FACILITIES SVCS
Internal Number: 166057
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.