Do you have proven leadership skills and firm understanding of the Agile Scrum process? If so, IQ Inc. has an awesome opportunity for you!
IQ Inc. provides custom software engineering services for companies with highly-engineered products. When these companies need support during peaks in their product development road-maps, IQ is their long-term, collaborative partner, having all employees in Greater Pittsburgh.
We are currently in need of an ambitious experienced Scrum Master.
YOU WILL: • Serve the role of Scrum Master
• Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
• Asses the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization, and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Understand sufficient technical architecture to facilitate discussion, communicate decisions and raise impediments
• Have Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through on actions and deliverables • Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution while building a trusting and safe environment • Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization • Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example • Have excellent communication skills to assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information • Work as part of a team within the department and across departments to help achieve group, department and overall project goals.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
• Coordinating with other Scrum teams and other cross-functional groups
• Facilitating Scrum events and ensure necessary preparation work is completed in advance to create efficient, engaging, and productive events
• Supporting and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and maintaining the product backlog
• Removing impediments for the team with tenacity and urgency • Monitoring team activity and progress against sprint goals • Managing artifacts in development tool • Leading retrospectives, capture minutes/actions and circulate • Capturing sprint metrics for monitoring team performance • Attending project update meetings, milestone review meetings, and process improvement meetings • Providing solutions using techniques that encourage team ownership and innovation
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE: • A Certified Scrum Master • Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 1 year for a software development team that followed Scrum principles, practices, and theory • 3-5 years of professional experience working in a software development organization
• Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 3 years for a software development team that was following Scrum principles, practices, and theory • More than 5 years of professional experience working in a software development organization, serving for some portion as software developer for some portion of this time • BS in IT-related field
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches/techniques: SAFe, XP, Kanban, TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Agile Games • Applicable knowledge of C# .NET and Java technologies • Knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Internal Number: 146302
About IQ Inc.
IQ Inc. is a woman-owned small business headquartered in Monroeville, PA. Since 1994 IQ has delivered software development and consulting services in ways that best meet our customers’ needs; including complete end-to-end software projects in our state-of-the-art development center. IQ also services our customers through staff augmentation engagements, contract-to-hire and direct placement. We work with our clients to create partnerships not just business relationships.