The Manager of Advancement Services will be an innovative leader in fundraising who will take primary responsibility for accurately maintaining all Blackbaud Databases and add-ons. The Blackbaud suite is a comprehensive, integrated relational database system, the system of identifying, researching and tracking new major-gift prospects and coordinating day-to-day prospecting operations.
• Enter and maintain data in Raiser's Edge database system and audit the integrity of that data.
Maintain database records for all prospects and donors including the maintenance of demographic information, importation of select lists, and the batch coding of records for tracking purposes including organizational relationships, communication codes, and event attendees. Collaborate with other offices to obtain data for periodic updates (i.e. alumni, graduation, HR, etc…)
• Work collaboratively with Institutional Advancement staff to develop the College's prospect database.
Conduct prospect research, using subscription and free information sources. Prospects include individuals, corporations and foundations. Research will be proactive, with prospects coming from data mining, and reactive, with response to research needs from the President, Vice President and Assistant Vice President and Senior Major Giving Officer.
Assist in the movement of the prospect pool for gift officers, showing officers how to move prospects through the stages of moves management via Raiser's Edge and assisting with setting target asks.
• Develop reports and prepare data analysis for the overall office of Institutional Advancement, as well as on donor prospects using various tools and methodologies.
Function as the power user on all software programs in use in the Institutional Advancement office, attending trainings, as well as withers within the office.
Make recommendations for ways to best capture information so it can be efficiently and effectively reported out of the database system.
Manage the production of scheduled reports, including weekly and monthly reports for the Vice President to ensure goals are being met or corrections are being made toward the achievement of goals.
Oversee the creation of briefing sheets on attendees at College events for the President, Vice President and Assistant Vice President.
• Work closely with the gift officers to coordinate necessary stewardship and donor relations activities.
Aid in crafting invitation lists to cultivation events.
Aid in crafting mailing lists for variety of mailings, both ongoing and one-time.
• Work closely with the Assistant Vice President of Institutional Advancement regarding internal and external audits. Providing support, reports and counsel as requested.
• Provide professional support to the staff in implementing financial processes, special events, prospect management, donor recognition, donor stewardship and other related activities including development and foundation research, database management, donor history and financial reports.
• Manages the stewardship of all annual scholarship donors and proactively engages scholarship students in the acknowledgment and recognition of their scholarship donors.
• Serves as the primary contact for the annual scholarship owners, helping to resolve problems, questions, and concerns.
• Establishes scholarship funds, both annual and perpetual, in collaboration with development officers and donors. Monitors scholarship program budget and projects annual funding needs.
• Works collaboratively with the College Financial Aid Office and other staff to ensure the accuracy and follow-through on all scholarship activities and processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience in complex client based database management.
Three (3) to five (5) years' experience with Black baud products.
Standard office equipment and software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and Raiser's Edge are essential.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.