Posting Number 2018-4611 Location US-NY-Brooklyn Posted Date 2018-06-06 Union N/A School/Division NYU Tandon School of Engineering (PE1001) Department Name : NYU Tandon School of Engineering FT/PT Full-Time
The Director of Corporate Innovation is a key position at the Center. The Director will be a key public figure for the Center, and will responsible for creating, implementing, and managing the Center's partnerships and development strategy. The Director will develop an innovative strategy to attract corporate partnerships, partnerships with investors and other sponsors, and mobilize other sources of funds such as grants and philanthropy. The Director will play a key role includes funding core operations and programs like the Center's corporate innovation and entrepreneurship programs, as well as programs like the Center's Fellows Program. The Director will leverage current funding and NYC Media Lab partner relationships, build a network among major technology companies, build new relationships with foundations, high net worth individuals, government, and corporations in a variety of industries, and help the Center find other innovative sources of capital. The Director will be a leader with a passion for virtual and augmented reality, a track record of creating business strategy and growing an organization, and experience in business development.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree required
Preferred Education: Master's preferred
Required Experience: • 7 plus years progressive experience proven track record in strategic partnership development and business development
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: • Passion for advancing virtual and augmented reality technology, entrepreneurship and building an important new institution in New York City
• Excellent speaker and writer capable of delivering a complex message to sophisticated people such as senior corporate executives
• Self-managing, collaborative personality capable of embracing uncertainty and pivoting
• Ability to develop creative strategy, pivot opportunistically, and convince anyone that the Center is the best organization to partner with to meet their needs
• Enthusiastic, articulate, and confident in ability to request and close large relationships and partnerships with prominent companies, individuals and institutions
• Background in technology or media and understanding of large enterprises
• Experience working with universities and cultural organizations
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.