Operating within the global Business and Advisory Compliance team, based in Singapore, assist the Head of Conflicts & Conduct Monitoring to ensure the bank's regulatory agenda, policies, procedures, and training are aligned to a high global standard with regard to all aspects of Conflicts of Interest (COI) risk management.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The role will sit within the Business and Advisory Conflicts of Interest & Conduct Monitoring Compliance team and will report to the Compliance, Conflicts of Interest Lead and will require the successful candidate to undertake the following key roles and responsibilities
* Co-ordinate COI activities including COI periodic reviews, alignment to Operational Risk Framework, and assurance work to ensure COI standards are met and operating.;
* Support the maintenance of the MiFID Client Disclosure Statement;
* Co-ordinate and support the implementation of the COI tactical and strategic solutions;
* Central maintenance of a register / inventory of compliance and regulatory risks arising from COIs;
* Central analysis and extraction of data in a register / inventory of compliance and regulatory risks arising from COIs for various reporting purposes;
* Central coordination and maintenance of policy and procedural materials in relation to COIs, through to their embedding in BAU business and functions;
* Central co-ordination and preparation of COI reporting to senior management and key stakeholders
* Central coordination of the preparation and delivery of training and educational materials in relation to COI risk management;
* Support assurance testing of controls and audit related activities.
Other core deliverables
* Support and implement the mission, vision, strategy, and leadership for COI & Conduct Monitoring, consistent with the Management's strategy for the Compliance function and in support of the Bank's strategic direction and growth aspirations;
* Build and maintain an effective and constructive relationship with broader Compliance teams and key business/function stakeholders based on trust, capability, and integrity, to provide timely and quality guidance to enable the businesses/functions in maintaining their COI registers;
* Work closely with Risk & Change teams and Vendors to support the implementation of strategic solution;
* Support audit or assurance related activities by ensuring timely and quality information/evidence is provided when requested and to ensure audit findings are adequately managed and addressed to the point of completion
* Support the Head, Compliance, COI & Conduct Monitoring, by establishing and maintaining effective processes (including training, advice, and support, where necessary) to ensure that policies, procedures, and standards to address COI risks (excluding financial crime) are effectively implemented and adhered to across the Bank;
* Provide support and challenge to the Bank's management to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate processes in accordance with Compliance's policies, procedures, and standards (including meeting regulatory obligations and maintaining high standards of conduct).
People and Talent
* Lead through example, and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations within the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners. Risk Management
* In collaboration with relevant managers, support the programme(s) for COI and Compliance Monitoring, surveillance, and assurance for relevant businesses and functions in the context of the technology projects, as required;
* In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, support the Head, Compliance, Conflicts of Interest & Conduct Monitoring, to ensure relevant management and regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or cease activities. Ensure proactive and timely identification, assessment, advice, and dissemination of evolving regulatory changes/practices and associated risks, and proactive engagement in regulatory reform, where appropriate;
* Support the Head, Compliance, Conflicts of Interest & Conduct Monitoring, in providing reports, as required, to relevant Group and Business risk and control committees and management groups on key COI risks and issues;
* Where necessary, maintain adequate management MI/trackers across all aspects of the successful candidate's responsibility to ensure all relevant issues and matters are tracked, followed, regularly assessed and reported on.
* Within the Group's overall Risk Management Framework, support the Head, Compliance, Conflicts of Interest & Conduct Monitoring, to establish and maintain appropriate risk-based Compliance frameworks in relation to the projects for identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, mitigating, and reporting compliance (including regulatory and financial crime) risks across the Bank's businesses and functions.
* Support the Head, Compliance, Conflicts of Interest & Conduct Monitoring, to develop and recommend (for approval by the relevant Risk Committee), appropriate Compliance policies and procedures.
* Attend relevant committees and fora for projects as Compliance's representative or delegate of Head, Compliance, Conflicts of Interest & Conduct Monitoring. Responsibilities may include preparation of Compliance submissions, regulatory updates, reports, papers, tracking, and follow-up of action items.
* Global Head, Compliance, Business & Functions Advisory
* Global Head, Compliance, CB & CIB Products & Segments
* Head, Compliance, Conflicts of Interest & Conduct Monitoring
* Group Head, Compliance, Conduct
* COOs, Operational Risk, Business Project Managers, and ITO Technical Project Managers across all businesses and functions
Qualifications & Skills
* Must have at least 5 years of banking experience
* Good knowledge of both local and global rules and regulations, emerging themes, and areas of increasing regulatory focus and attention, including but not limited to the regulatory conflicts and conduct agenda.
* Strong appreciation of the importance of proper standards of COI and conduct within the banking business, and an understanding of how to identify and frame COI and conduct risk related issues across the businesses and functions.
* Ability to develop and enhance relationships across multiple stakeholders in various business, functional and geographic groups etc.
* Ability to consider matters from an end-to-end perspective, including looking at COI and conduct-related matters from the initial policy statements, more detailed procedural aspects, training requirements, assurance testing, and monitoring.
* Proven executor of initiatives including leading on improving standards, culture, and behaviour.
* Ability to work independently within the team, be self-motivated and self-reliant with a genuine desire to get things done to a satisfactory standard and to do the right thing, as well as the ability to provide practical and effective advice. Being able to accept challenge and change, listen to the other points of view, and adapt approach accordingly.
* Diplomacy, sensitivity, and the ability to properly and professionally stand your ground when needed and persuade others of the merits of a particular approach.
* Excellent written skills, evidenced through the execution of a range of document types, e.g., policies, procedures, committee papers, etc.
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.
Internal Number: 4681855
About Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.