Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
As part of the continued growth of the Legal & Compliance Group in EMEA, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Lawyer to join the Legal team in London. This individual will assume primary responsibility for advising on the legal risk imported by Wellington Management through its activities in the capital markets in EMEA. The role will report to the Head of Legal in London, and will involve the support of functions located across the globe, as well as collaboration with colleagues based in APAC and the US.
Responsibilities will include:
* Provide or oversee legal support for Wellington Management's investment and trading business activities, including:
* Provide general counsel and advice on regulatory, fiduciary, risk and other issues related to portfolio management and trading activities;
* Support capital markets activities across a wide range of markets and asset classes (including, in particular, derivatives);
* Advocacy and engagement with regulators;
* Provide legal advice and general counsel to project teams and business colleagues;
* Manage external counsel.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* 8+ years PQE, gained at a city law firm or in-house;
* Broad-based securities and/or asset management experience, ideally with experience providing support to portfolio management and/or trading businesses;
* Experience in some facets of transactional work (derivatives, equity, fixed income and/or structured finance);
* Strong legal and analytical skills;
* Good business judgement, and strong counselling skills;
* A pragmatic and risk aware approach to practising law, and the ability to prioritise;
* The ability to manage and oversee different components of legal services, e.g. outside counsel, project work, paralegals, etc.;
* The ability to represent the firm appropriately with external clients;
* Proven written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively distill and communicate complex issues in a dynamic environment;
* The character and ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Please note that we are only able to reply to successful applicants.
JOB TITLE Lawyer (Capital Markets)
JOB FAMILY Legal
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .
Internal Number: 4705767
About Wellington Management Company, LLP
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.