Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: Starting $6,520 per month
Working Hours: One regular, overtime exempt, full-time position, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year on the Oceanside campus. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply and submit application materials through MiraCosta College's online application system at https://jobs.miracosta.edu. Once you are in the system, we strongly advise you to read the information on 'How to Apply' and the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before starting the application process.
Complete application packets submitted through the online system by Thursday, November 8th, 2018, will be included in the first screening. Additional applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit the following documents directly in the online system until you receive a confirmation number:
1. Application for classified employment on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A cover letter addressed to the 'Screening and Interview Committee' specifically describing how your experience aligns with the essential duties and desirable qualifications.
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated in this job posting. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation. If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. To view a list of agencies approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, go to http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
NOTE: When you 'APPLY FOR THIS POSTING,' you will eventually be asked to answer the Supplemental Questions listed below. Your answers will appear at the bottom of the application form.
- MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Describe your own commitment to diversity and how you will meet the minimum qualifications of 'sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of community college students.'
- Please describe your work experience (day-to-day) with Workday HCM/Financials, Peoplesoft Financials, and/or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Please describe your financial/budgeting/analysis experience and the types of reports or queries you developed for internal use and/or external reporting.
- Please describe your experience in leading/managing a complex project and how you engaged with the project team and other stakeholders.
The screening and interview committee will review application materials for up to four (4) weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon the following: successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; proof of eligibility to work in the United States; fingerprint clearance; and Board of Trustees approval.
Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6854 at least five days prior to the closing date.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Basic Function and Other Details: BASIC FUNCTION:
Under direction, perform budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting; assist the Director of Fiscal Services with oversight of, financial planning and forecasting analysis; perform business and systems analysis, testing, and solutions of financial systems; lead and collaborate with work teams on projects; and perform related work as assigned.recommend modifications; facilitate and collaborate with programmers, staff, and third-party vendors on system changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Perform complex financial, budgetary, statistical, procedural, legislative, organizational and other management analyses in support of the district's financial operation; prepare a variety of detailed accounting, statistical and/or narrative financial statements or reports requiring analysis and interpretation of source data.
2. Analyze budget projections, cash flow and cash forecasts; assist Director of Fiscal Services on status of accounts and recommend action; assist with short and long-term financing including county temporary loans, Tax Revenue Anticipation Notes and General Obligation Bonds; work with external institutions to sell notes and bonds.
3. Prepare forecasts of revenues and expenditures and explain variances from adopted budgets; research a wide range of financial and organizational issues; conduct cost-benefit analyses; explore alternatives/feasibility and funding methods; develop recommendations and prepare written analyses and proposals.
4. Assist with the annual state financial report and other quarterly and annual financial statements and reports for submittal to federal and state agencies.
5. May provide lead work direction and guidance to other fiscal or district staff on a variety of projects; organize, summarize and present information on development/implementation issues; develop and maintain databases for tracking various aspects of assignments and prepare required statistical reports.
1. Assist in the implementation of new or revised accounting systems, procedures and records; may participate in the development of computerized programs for various accounting analyses.
2. Respond to surveys as requested.
3. Review grants and program contracts; assess financial impact on district.
4. Perform related duties as assigned
Type of Benefits: A full benefit package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in public or business administration, finance, economics or a related field
2. At least three years of responsible experience involving budget and financial analysis; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
(IMPORTANT: For work experience, one 'year' is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 12 months, or at least 2,080 hours)
Desirable Qualifications: DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Previous experience as a functional lead in a financial system implementation project 2. Experience with Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financial System 3. Experience with PeopleSoft Financial Systems 4. Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills 5. Experience with complex report development
Licenses and Other Requirements:A valid California driver license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district's vehicle insurance program.
First Screening Date: Friday, November 9, 2018
Human Resources Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 114 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, and parts of Camp Pendleton.
MiraCosta offers undergraduate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities, as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomanufacturing.
The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving approximately 10,500 students, is located on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, and attracts more than 3,000 students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 2,500 students in the college's noncredit programs including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes. The Technology Career Institute (TCI) in Carlsbad is part of the colleges Career Education Department. It offers our local community members the opportunity to enhance their lives and their careers with low-cost, hassle-free classes, workshops, and programs, as well as certificate programs to train skilled workers in industries such as high-tech manufacturing, maritime technology, and emerging technologies. The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) located at the TCI provides resources, workshops, and leadership programs for small businesses and serves all of North San Diego and Imperial Counties. The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC), also located at the TCI, provides entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling, and mentoring, as well as referrals for eligible veterans and military spouses owning or considering starting a small business enterprise in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Imperial Counties.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
The MiraCosta Community College District is located in San Diego County along the Southern California coast, between Orange County to the north and the metropolitan area of San Diego to the south. The district is approximately 35 miles north of San Diego and 90 miles south of Los Angeles. The District includes the cities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, Solana Beach, Del Mar, the unincorporated areas of La Costa, Olivehain, and portions of Carmel Valley and Camp Pendleton Marine Base.