Under the general supervision of the meetings & conventions director, the registration and conference specialist conducts registration activities in support of ATSSA sponsored events during the pre, onsite and post show phases; assists with the management of contracts and vendors; supports conference activities and provides logistical support for government relations activities.
- Conducts pre-show logistics activities including determining the registration site launch date in collaboration with marketing; determines registration deadlines with the registration vendor including due dates for initial information (categories, rates, demo questions, etc.), site build, testing, review and site launch.
- Coordinates the process of gathering registration information including profile information, demographic questions, registration categories and pricing and additional products or events; researches and makes recommendations to director of meetings and conventions on emerging vendors and technology that may benefit ATSSA’s meetings.
- Updates and distributes weekly and cumulative registration reports; works with department director and meetings manager to determine other necessary reports; in collaboration with meetings manager and registration vendor determines promo code process.
- Orders supplies and coordinates sponsorship fulfillment for registration items including badge stock, ribbons, badge holders; determines applicable deadline dates with vendors and communicates information to team; coordinates any orders between sponsors and vendors; proofs and edits badge format, tickets, text and artwork in collaboration with marketing and the vendor; orders supplies needed on-site and packs registration box.
- Assists with the development of registration floor plan by confirming location and creating registration layout with general service contractor and registration vendor; in collaboration with meetings manager, determines equipment needed and ordered for registration layout; sends registration vendor specifications to meetings manager (electrical, internet, office, etc.); develops and proofs registration signage (headers, hours, etc.).
- Assists with onsite management of registration space and temporary staff; assists with the development of on-site temporary staff schedule, assists with the creation of the temporary staff guidelines, trains temporary staff; ensures the registration space is set-up properly on time; manages temporary staff; enforces registration rules for attendees and exhibitors; answers registration customer service questions.
- Compiles post-show registration reports and updates post show reports with SWOT analysis and registration data.
- Assists with conference duties including the selection of contractors through the RFP process; the development of room sets and specs; assists with the finalization and coordination of BEOs with catering vendors and assists with the coordination of contracts for speakers.
- Provides logistical support for federal and state government relations activities including the annual Fly-In, PAC receptions and state level meetings.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for registration questions and serves as back-up to other department members.
- Facilitates continuous communication between meetings staff, other impacted staff and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience- A bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant professional experience. A combination of experience (5+ years) and education may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree; experience working in event registration, association meetings and customer service preferred.
Skills and Knowledge– Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, organized; proactive and positive communication skills; customer-service minded approach to work; attention to detail; proven ability to analyze data and present findings; knowledgeable in various software applications including MS Office, databases; the ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully both independently and as part of a team the ability to travel to meetings; the ability to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time while on-site at meetings and to lift boxes up to 50 lbs as needed.
Licenses – Valid motor vehicle operator’s license and the willingness/ability to use personal vehicle during employment
Telecommuting is allowed.
About American Traffic Safety Services Association
The American Traffic Safety Services Association, an international trade association, is located in Fredericksburg, Va. Since 1969, ATSSA has represented companies and individuals in the traffic control and roadway safety industry. Over 1,600 ATSSA members provide the majority of features, services and devices used to make our nation's roadways safer. These include pavement markings, road signs, work zone traffic control devices, guardrail, and other roadside safety features.