This is a highly challenging role within Non-Traded Market Risk, placing the job holder at the cutting edge of the management of Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book. The jobholder will work as part of a dynamic team whose proactive and innovative risk management approach will inform key business decisions and help to create and maximise value across the Bank.
Risk identification, analysis and reporting - c.60%
* Produce regular external reporting, working together with relevant stakeholder including attestation and liaison with regulators.
* Develop a detailed understanding of banking book balance sheet to ensure all market risks are identified, understood and measured appropriately
* Develop funding spread risk framework to support internal policy and standards
* Support the analysis of often complex transactions in order to assess the appropriate trade-off between risk and return
Governance & Stakeholder management - c. 40%
* Ensure that appropriate management information is available to numerous committees to manage and understand the level of market risk within the Group.
* Support the implementation of regulatory change projects involving market risk (e.g. Basel 3, etc.).
* Deliver clear, transparent and effective communication in all forms to ensure that complex messages are easily interpreted and understood.
* Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* ALM/Balance Sheet management experience or other relevant experience in finance.
* Understanding of interest rate and liquidity risks, FTP and funding risk
* Extremely strong analytical skills.
* Knowledge of the products and services offered by a major banks, the inherent risks and how to mitigate them.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Degree / MSc in a quantitative discipline
* Experience of the risk management activities of Treasury or Balance Sheet Management function.
* Experience of financial products, derivatives and structured products
* Understanding of mechanisms for quantifying and hedging direct and indirect non-traded market risks.
* Knowledge of the principles behind transfer pricing and stress testing.
* Knowledge of key regulations (e.g. Basel 3, IAS39, etc) and how they apply to market risk and liquidity risk.
Internal Number: 4809597
About Barclays UK
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.