Outstanding Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW Behavioral Health Optimization Program (BHOP) Opportunity at Columbus AFB, MS!
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at Columbus AFB and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our LCSW BHOP Opportunity in support of Columbus AFB, MS!
POSITION SUMMARY: The LCSW will also have the responsibility of an Integrated Primary Care worker. The clinical social worker is required to function in a patient-centered medical home (PCMH) location as a full-time equivalent provider as an internal behavioral health consultant (IBHC) and/or Behavioral Health Care Facilitator (BHCF), as outlined in DoDI 6490.15 Integration of Behavioral Health Personnel Services Into Patient -Centered Medical Home Primary Care and other Primary Care Service Setting and the BHOP Practice Manual.
CLINICAL DUTIES: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
As an Internal Behavioral Health Consultant in the MTF, the type of work may include, but not limited to the following:
* Participates in and successfully completes two phases of Air Force IBHC training. Demonstrates core competency skills to IBHC independent practice within 90 days of starting. The 90-day threshold for demonstration of core competency skills will be extended if the Air Force is unable to provide training opportunities within 90 days. 1) Phase I training is approximately four days onsite at a CONUS location. The candidate shall have a 100% pass rate (minimum of a “3” rating in each competency area of the clinical competency tool) before proceeding to Phase II. 2) Phase II training will occur within 90 days of completion of Phase I training for a two day course. The candidate shall have a 100% pass rate (minimum of a “3” rating in each competency area of the clinical competency tool) in order to be deemed acceptable for the position. 3) If the candidate does not pass the course the contractor shall submit a replacement candidate upon notice of the candidate’s failure to pass any training phase.
* Provides cognitive/behavioral interventions in primary care under the Air Force consultation model (i.e., per the Air Force Behavioral Health Optimization Program Practice Manual). Services will mimic the pace of primary care (i.e., patient seen for 15 to 30 minute appointments).
* May provide classes in format appropriate for primary care (i.e., stress management class, sleep enhancement class, chronic pain class).
* Must be skillful and tactful in communications with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous. Must possess organization, problem-solving, and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/care givers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous manner.
* Successfully consults with PCMs on-demand about general issues and specific patients.
* Ensures PCMs receive same-day verbal and/or written feedback on referred patients.
* Delivers brief presentations/training to primary care team members regarding behavioral health issues and IBHC services.
* Participates in team efforts to develop, implement, evaluate, and revise clinical pathway programs needed in the clinic.
* Provide concise documentation of care and recommendations in the patient’s electronic medical record within the allowable timeframe defined by the MTF standard after the patient is seen.
* Effectively manage a full daily patient load, as defined by the Mental Health Business Practice Standards and BHOP Manual of completing approximately 8-14 patient encounters per day.
* Duties may include supervision of providers who are in training or not fully licensed.
* Duties may include participating in Air Force-approved research projects relating to Primary Care Behavioral Health.
* Consults w/Medical personnel, legal authorities, and military commanders as required.* Participates in military=specific training (i.e., use of the Air Force Guide for Suicide Risk Assessment, Management, and Treatment, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress, etc).
As a Care Facilitator (CF) in an MTF environment, the type of work may include, but is not limited to the following:
* IBHCs who are assigned to MTFs that have between 3,000 and 7,500 adult enrollees in the Family Health Clinic will provide both IBHC and CF services per the BHOP Manual.
* Participates in and successfully completes Air Force care facilitator training. Demonstrates core competency skills to the CF independent practice within 240 days of starting. The 240-day threshold for demonstration of core competency skills will be extended in the Air Force is unable to provide training opportunities within 240 days. 1) Care Facilitator training is an interactive computer-based training that is approximately three days in length. The candidate must complete all CF training requirements before engaging in CF patient care services.
* Contact referred patient to assess medication treatment adherence for depression, anxiety, and PTSD disorders.
* Use validated brief symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity.
* Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solving solutions to barriers.
* Provide patients with education regarding their behavioral health condition and treatment regimen.
* Maintain patient information in a patient registry.
* Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician.
* Performs case management functions.
Marketing the BHOP services to other agencies and groups throughout the wing.
* Make use of the BHOP Manual to aid in their marketing strategy.
* Utilize the resources provided on the AF Knowledge Exchange to aid in their marketing strategy: https://kx2.afms.mil/kj/kx1/BHOP/Pages/home.aspx
* Utilize local marking resources, examples of these resources: Base newspaper, Public Affairs office, Wing & group marquee, Wing & MTF Facebook page, hallway signage, posters in patient rooms, etc.
* Markets services to alternative referral resources including, but not limited to: Group and Squadron Commanders, Commanders calls, Chaplains, Military and Family Life consultants, Family Advocacy outreach manager, Base Newcomer’s orientation, First Terms Airman’s Course, Group Right Start, Wing Right Start, First Sergeant Breakfast/meetings, & Relay Health announcements.
* Education:1) Must hold a Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) degree from a graduate school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). 2) The LCSW must complete 20 CEU credit hours annually.
* Licensure: Possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
* Experience: Must have two years of LCSW experience within the last three years to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
* Certification: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a Background Check/Security Clearance.
STAFFING and SCHEDULING:
* Duty Hours: Usual Duty Hours for this position is an eight hour shift between the hours of 7:30 am – 4:30 pm or 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, to include an uncompensated one hour lunch.
* Place of Performance: The work to be performed will be at the 14th Medical Group, Columbus AFB, MS.
Platinum Business Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEOwww.platinumcorporation.com
Internal Number: 1002
About Platinum Business Corporation
Platinum Business Corporation, provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.platinumcorporation.co
BACK TO TOP
AUSA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AUSA Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AUSA Career Center.