Your role Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system and legislative systems? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity?
We are looking for someone like that who can:
- Oversee AML model development, governance, and optimization across multiple lines of business (including correspondent banking, private and investment banking) and multiple Transaction Monitoring Systems, ensure sound risk coverage, adequate quantitative and qualitative model assessment and validation, and data quality completeness and integrity
- Work with line of business stakeholders to define requirements and criteria for success and tracking, oversee development and implementation of risk-based, effective and efficient rules, work with a diverse team of systems and analytics professionals based in onshore, near-shore, and offshore teams, and engage risk and audit partners to ensure ongoing review and transparency achieved -Develop and maintain proper documentation, processes and procedures covering AML models and related functions
- Provide oversight and guidance to define relevant methodology/approach in a clear and concise manner to support the model optimization efforts and maintain standards for various AML methodology including segmentation methodology, scenario tuning methodology, peer grouping, sampling (below the Line) methodology.
- Work with the Optimization team, and Analytics teams to ensure the rules are reviewed on a regular basis based on the level of risk and that the systems are appropriately optimized
- Track and report results of tuning and optimization activities and model performance to AML coverage areas, senior management and regulators
- Support all review and audit functions; create a model inventory list and ensure all models are reviewed, provide appropriate training to bank and unit staff, and lead a team of analytics experts to continually assess current and emerging high risk transactional activities via the utilization of innovative analytical methodologies
- Complete UBS's annual BSA/AML/OFAC training
Your team We are currently expanding our Financial Crime team in the NY/NJ area and are seeking an Assistant Director of AML Governance and Optimization. Our role is to assist UBS in the fight against money laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing.
What we offer Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
About us Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Internal Number: 4825520
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.