PeaceHealth is seeking a SVP Chief Nursing Officer for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable .
Req ID: 167828
Leads the development of systemwide and continuum wide nursing care strategies in support of PeaceHealth's strategic plan. Collaborates with the system and community based executive teams to identify clinical issues critical to PeaceHealth's performance and mission. Co-leads system-wide strategies for all clinical care, quality, safety and customer service programs. Oversees selected national programs for increasing PeaceHealth's value equation (Quality, Safety, Customer Service, Cost) through models of care across the continuum, innovation, clinical informatics, nursing research activities, clinical leadership development, clinical competency programs, evidence-based practices and operations enhancement projects and programs.
1. Participate in the development and implementation of PeaceHealth's strategic plan, quality and safety improvement initiatives, resource allocation priorities, operational plans and policies.
2. Lead standardization of nursing care and nursing models throughout PeaceHealth where nursing is practiced. Manage this through direct matrix leadership of community Chief Nursing Officers.
3. Develop and maintain nursing and clinical infrastructure to enhance system-wide decision making and decrease variance in care, quality and safety across the care continuum.
4. Co-lead or lead national programs or projects with clinical implications, i.e. Clinical Transformation, Clinical Excellence, etc.
5. Ensure that standards of patient care are consistent with regulatory standards, nationally recognized professional standards and current research.
6. Explore, develop, support, implement and evaluate new and innovative models of clinical care and patient care delivery across the care continuum to improve clinical, financial, patient and caregiver satisfaction outcomes. Provide leadership for development of new approaches to work that support the continuum of PeaceHealth's mission into the next era of healthy communities.
7. Promote organizational system alignment through collaboration, teamwork and well-functioning matrix relationships.
8. Develop implementation plans for nursing and patient care services to attain PeaceHealth's annual and multi-year priorities and initiatives, in concert with efforts of other executives.
9. On behalf of PeaceHealth, participate in setting a direction for healthcare through leadership roles in national, clinical and advocacy arenas.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in Nursing, Business, Public Health, Hospital Administration or related field.
Minimum of 3 years' experience with redesign or process work which includes system wide implementation required.
Minimum of 12 years' experience as a registered nurse required.
Minimum of 5 years' experience as a healthcare executive required.
Leadership experience across the continuum (both acute and non-acute care) strongly preferred.
Experience working with and/or reporting to Governing Boards required.
Experience leading/partnering in multidisciplinary teams required.
Up to date knowledge of changes in healthcare, emerging clinical methodologies and standards required.
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing required. Eligible for a license and obtained within 6 months of hire
Certification in Nursing or Healthcare Leadership required.
Demonstrated negotiation skills and team skills are required.
Systems thinker accompanied by the orientation and presence to analyze complex situations, relationships and build coalitions around improving patient care delivery.
Balanced application of clinical, financial and management skills are required.
Demonstrated successful ability to lead effective change across care continuum required.
Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Shared Services Center (802) Job Category: Leadership FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Required Certifications/Licensure: Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Executive Leadership || Full Time || SYSTEM & REG ADMIN
Internal Number: 167828
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.