The Chief Nursing Officer provides clinical leadership within Baylor University Medical Center. This executive provides the direction and support required to affect high quality patient outcomes. As a member of the senior leadership team the CNO works closely with the CEO and CMO to guide clinical services in the acute care hospital and clinics with a focus on achieving healthcare excellence.
* Identify and articulate the vision and strategic direction for the development of high quality nursing care consistent with the mission, vision and values.
* Create a nursing environment in which collaboration is valued and excellence in clinical care, education and research is promoted and achieved.
* Responsible for the practice of nursing and ensuring consistency in the standard of practice across clinical settings.
* Provide leadership and direction in the development of strategies to promote the recruitment, retention and recognition of excellence in Nursing including oversight and recommendations regarding compensation and benefit programs for nursing staff.
* Participate with various Nursing Leaders, Leaders from Governing Body, Management, Medical Staff and Clinical areas in the Hospital's decision making structures and process.
* Evaluate current Nursing practices and patient care delivery models to improve the quality, appropriateness and efficiency of patient care.
* Oversee the development for clinical programs and services, assuring the appropriate resources for the delivery of clinical care in the ambulatory and acute care settings.
* Assure nursing services provided meet standards and requirements of TJC and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
* Create an organizational culture that provides a safe and enriching environment for patients and employees.
* Serve on the Nursing Executive Council with CNOS from other SW facilities, leading the pursuit of nursing excellence system wide
* Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
* Exhibited track record of developing successful staff medical relationships in both the ambulatory and acute care settings.
* Experience in a Shared Governance model nursing environment; experience from Magnet Hospital is preferred.
* Ability to work collaboratively with other clinical and administrative disciplines to accomplish strategic initiatives and clinical quality goals.
* Communication - Exudes mature business acumen, effective at providing timely, concise, audience-appropriate information orally and in writing.
* Relationship Building - Strong collaboration and team-building skills with a track record of building strong, enduring relationships with multiple teams and business customers.
* Ability to effectively manage continuous change, while exploring innovative methods to facilitate the organization in continues growth and success.
* Master's Degree
* 8 Year's Experience
* RN License
Internal Number: 18016485
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!