Medical Director is for a Licensed Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Treatment Facility.
The Clinic is for Adult-Only Outpatient Treatment for Substance Use Disorder. The clinic is seeking a part time (20 hours) Medical Director who is interested in joining a multi-disciplinary team and who are also motivated to change the direction of substance use disorder treatment utilizing science and technology to redefine best practices.
The primary responsibility of the Medical Director is to offer high quality, evidence-based care to those patients qualifying for Outpatient Treatment for Substance Use Disorder in a collaborative clinician team environment.
The Medical Director will work directly with and report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and be a part of the senior management team. In accordance with this role the Medical Director will:
*Primary responsibility is direct patient care in an outpatient setting
*Support the Company's goals and strategies
* Drive improvement of patient care, quality, safety, service and patient outcomes.
* Participate in development of long-range strategic plans, governance structure and objectives for practice management
* Participate in establishment and implementation of organizational policies and procedures, in accordance with Company mission, vision and values
* Provide the primary Leadership and support for medical guidance for clinical employees
* Delegate authority and responsibility as appropriate; while directing and supervising Company activities through managers and support staff
* Collaborate with internal and external customers and stakeholders to resolve issues and enhance relationships.
* Develop and manage systems for outcome measurement and performance improvement.
* Participate in professional development activities to keep current with trends and practices in health care administration
* Ensure items are reflective of prudent resource management, are within budget guidelines, and are according to current state and federal laws and regulations;
* Manages relationships with outsourced vendors to include claims, member services, IT and case management
* Manage and oversees provider contracting and provider relations
* Oversees risk contracting and managed care
* Other management, supervisory and clinical, as needed.
* A currently licensed and board certified psychiatrist, M.D. in the State of Florida
(will consider candidate willing to relocate to Florida and obtain State of Florida license)
* Board certified in addiction medicine or addiction psychiatry
* Experience with medication assisted treatment including buprenorphine and naltrexone; current DEA credentials to prescribe buprenorphine
* Leadership experience, exhibited in line with Company culture.
* Supervisory experience, including medical guidance, recruitment, employee relations, performance evaluation
* Management experience, including oversight of budgetary and with fiscal responsibility
* Preferred qualification: MBA; experience in an entrepreneurial or other high-growth environment.
Additional Salary Information: Pro-rated PTO
Internal Number: 1000
About The Recovery Research Network
At The Recovery Research Network (TRRN), we help people struggling with substance use disorder through a novel individualized outpatient treatment program that addresses the chronic nature of addiction. Through our innovative outpatient approach, our patients do not have to put their lives on hold to begin their journey to recovery. TRRN utilizes a first of its kind integrative treatment approach, developed to address the chronic nature of substance use disorder. Substance use disorder is a chronic disease, characterized by chronic brain changes that have been well studied, but not effectively integrated into comprehensive treatment models. Removing the drug is only the first step. Without a committed therapeutic alliance to support an individual’s recovery, relapse to chronic drug use is all too often the outcome. Through our innovative approach, TRRN not only aims to address stressors, triggers, and conditioned drug behaviors, but in real-time adjusts an individual’s recovery plan to constantly reinforce personal accountability and success in recovery.