The Procurement Manager for Ordnance Systems Inc. within the Platform and Services sector of BAE Systems, Inc. will report directly to the Director of Procurement and Subcontracts and lead a team of procurement professionals located in Radford, VA and Kingsport, TN. You will act as an integral member of the Ordinance Systems Inc. Procurement team, accountable to develop and execute an integrated Supply Chain Strategy that will meet financial and operational schedule objectives. You will direct the daily operation of purchasing staff involved in Supply Chain fulfillment, act as an advisor to senior management, operational managers, and functional organizations deploying talent and resources to accomplish common goals. As the Senior Manager you will have direct responsibility for staff performance measurement, skills development and training. He/she will assist Procurement lead to develop, implement, and direct policies, practices, and procedures which are in accordance with federal, commercial, state/local, and/or international Procurement regulations.
Applicants shall possess proven experience in the following areas:
1) Develop/support an integrated supply chain strategy based on business need and support the overall business goals to reduce cost, improve quality and decrease turnaround time.
2) Plan, direct, and manage Subcontracts function to ensure customer satisfaction, timely and accurate deliveries while maintaining compliance.
3) Strong Subcontracts Administration experience with Construction and Service type subcontracts.
4) Maintain knowledge of Federal, State and local government contracting and procurement requirements and their corresponding impact on the business while ensuring that all procurement activities and documentation are undertaken and completed in a compliant manner. Ensure Procurement initiatives and practices are compliant with overall BAE Systems policy.
5) Manage and support/liaison regular Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) Audits and reviews.
6) Provide Proposal support and negation – coordination organization of bid plan and develop subcontracts plans to support program plan.
7) Demonstrate superior presentation, communication, team building and leadership skills required for regular communication with business leadership.
8) Build positive working relationships and work seamlessly with internal partners.
9) Bachelor's degree and 10+ years related experience.
10) Demonstrated ability to lead in a dynamic business environment and respond to changing customer and market demands.
11) DOD, Commercial and International Procurement experience.
12) Five or more years’ experience at a manager level or above.
13) Advanced negotiation and influencing skills working with senior level management.
14) Experience successfully leading teams through change.
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience in GoCo facilities and munition market
Experience with raw Chemical commodities
Leadership of remote teams
Internal Number: 44813BR
About BAE Systems Inc.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, a global defense, security and aerospace company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, BAE Systems, Inc. employs approximately 32,300 employees in the United States, United Kingdom, Sweden, and Israel, and generated 2015 revenues of $10.4 billion. BAE Systems, Inc. provides support and service solutions for current and future defense, intelligence, and civilian systems; designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of electronic systems and subsystems for both military and commercial applications; produces specialized security and protection products; and designs, develops, produces, and provides service support of armored combat vehicles, artillery systems, and munitions.