This position is responsible for the administration of the Authority Health programs, finances, and personnel within the framework of the policies, guidelines, and directives established by the Detroit Wayne County Health Authority Board of Directors. This position will serve as the chief executive officer liaison among the members of the DWCHA Board, health providers, political and community leaders and universities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Leadership and Relations:
1. Implements the goals and objectives set forth and adopted by the DWCHA. Serve as the head supervisor to all staff and as the President to the Board of Directors. 2. Leads the organization’s employees successfully through goal-setting, delegation, and effective communication. 3. Advises and inform the Board of Directors on the operations of the organization, including both ongoing and emerging issues of importance that need to be addressed. 4. Partners with the Board of Directors to construct as strategic plan that guides the organization in providing services to the community.
1. Oversees and participate in the development, execution, and assessment of Authority Health Services, ensuring they reflect the mission set by the Board of Directors. 2. In conjunction with the Board, selects and directs the work or consultants whose services are necessary to meet the goals and objectives set forth by the DWCHA board. 3. Develops and implements reports of internal program performance; provides timely and relevant reports to the DWCHA Board and community regarding the status of the goals and objectives established by the DWCHA Board. 4. Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board, with voice and without vote, and attends all meetings of both the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Board.
1. Participates in the development and maintenance of Authority Health’s policies, procedures, and job descriptions, including obtaining approvals from the Board of Directors when required. 2. Ensures that confidentiality is always maintained for all employees, students, volunteers, and donor documents and creates z safe environment for all employees. 3. Works with human resources in recruitment and discharge of staff as deemed necessary in accordance with Authority Health budget provisions and personnel policies established by the Board. 4. Oversees a performance management system that monitors staff performance and includes annual performance reviews for all employees.
Mission Outreach and Community Relations:
1. Act as the organization’s spokesperson. Promotes Authority Health’s mission, vision, and core values and increases community awareness and the services provided. 2. Establishes and Maintain effective and appropriate dialogue with federal, state, and local governmental leaders, community leaders, and health care providers to facilitate the implementation of the goals and objective set forth by the DWCHA Board of Directors. 3. Ensures community input and feedback is obtained and made available to the members of the Board and Advisory Committees. 4. Acts as DWCHA spokesperson in responding to media requests for information and interviews and assures timely and appropriate responses to those requests. 5. Serves as a community information resource in raising awareness of issues related to the provision and financing of indigent health care in the community. 6. Develops and maintains an objective current, reliable and consistent database of information on indigent health conditions that is accessible and available to the community.
1. Works with finance to administer and direct work within an administrative budget approved by the Board. Without prior approval of the Board of Directors, makes expenditures in the ordinary course of business not to exceed the allotted budget; and incur indebtedness or obligations in the ordinary course of business not to exceed allotted budget. 2. Monitors all financial records and ensures that proper regulations and procedures are adhered to. 3. Keeps the Board of Directors informed through regular reports outlining the organization’s revenues, expenses, and cash flows.
Graduate Medical Education:
1. Meets with Graduate Medical Education leadership at universities, health systems and community faculty to discuss residency program progress and concerns, preceptor and program director education, advocacy opportunities, and insure the continued accreditation of all the medical residency programs.
Partners in Wellness:
1. Develop partnerships and collaborate with community leaders to develop wellness centers or integrated practices to provide services to an underserved community.
1. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends (per agency requirements). 2. Able to complete duties under stress, deadlines, and while attending to multiple duties simultaneously. 3. Work assignments will involve travel throughout the Detroit, Wayne County area to multiple locations, including government and private agencies and partners, as well as out of the State of Michigan.
How to Apply: Email Resume to Human Resources Department Contact Info Contact Email: email@example.com Include Salary Requirement and References EOE M/F/VET/DISABLED
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Health or Public Administration, or related field required. Doctoral degree preferred. A minimum of 15 years of health administration, health policy, or public health executive experience. Strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills. Must be creative and imaginative in developing new wellness and health programs and services. Proven experience working with Boards of Directors and local, state, and Federal government, as well as organizations. Knowledge of regional market dynamics required. A working knowledge of Graduate Medical Education and the training of medical residents. Computer proficiency to include Internet, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics capabilities, and social media. Supports organization’s goals and values. Valid driver’s license required. Reliable transportation required.
Internal Number: 123118
About Authority Health
The Detroit Wayne County Health Authority strengthens the health network for underserved populations by promoting health insurance enrollment and navigation, primary care service expansion, and health workforce development. Its focus is on enhancing population health through linking existing health resources – Detroit Wayne County’s and Federal – and filling gaps with programs and services.