The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Associate Medical Director will be a physician with the ability to obtain an unrestricted license to practice Medicine in the State of Michigan. The role is a partial effort assignment; we are seeking 10% effort of a physician’s time. The remaining 90% will be spent as a faculty member in a mix of patient care, education and research endeavors at the direction of their Department Chair.
Michigan Visiting Nurses/Michigan Visiting Care (MVN/MVC) is an amalgam of many different home-based care programs serving a wide variety of pediatric and adult patients. These programs serve patients on hospital discharge as well as accepting referrals from outpatient clinics.
HomeMed is a home infusion business serving only Michigan Medicine patients. Adult and pediatric patients are accepted for care and services include simple hydration, chemotherapy, TPN and other complex infusion needs.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader with a passion for excellent patient service and high quality care. The University of Michigan Health System is committed to achieving the Triple Aim of high quality care, lower cost and maximum patient satisfaction. MVN/MVC and HomeMed are important for Michigan Medicine to achieve these goals, and the Associate Medical Director has an opportunity to help shape the future of these programs.
With direction from the Medical Director of Population Health for the University of Michigan Medical Group (UMMG), will provide clinical oversight for Michigan Visiting Nurses/Michigan Visiting Care (MVN/MVC) and HomeMed.
Partner with the Associate Chief Operating Officer (ACOO) of Home Care Services to ensure the clinical services delivered by MVN/MVC and HomeMed meet quality goals, achieve patient satisfaction goals and comply with Joint Commission standards at all times.
Participate in, and be accountable to, the Home Care Services governing bodies.
As requested, represent MVN/MVC and HomeMed to internal and external customers and referrers.
Collaborate with other leaders through the University of Michigan Health System to meet patient care needs and Health System goals and priorities.
Stay abreast of regulatory changes relevant to MVN/MVC and HomeMed and communicate any changes throughout Home Care and Michigan Medicine as necessary. Together with the ACOO, ensure MVN/MVC and HomeMed maintain compliant operations within their regulatory requirements.
Other duties as assigned.
Candidates for this position must maintain an active Michigan Medical license and Board Certification within their area of practice. Their clinical effort will be supervised, managed and negotiated by the clinical department to which they are appointed.
Successful candidates for the Associate Medical Director of Home Care Services will have the following skills/attributes:
The ideal candidate should have a M.D. or D.O. degree and postgraduate clinical training. They should hold or have the ability to obtain the appropriate medical license in the State of Michigan as well as be board certified and be eligible for a faculty position in the Medical School.
Minimum 3-years of progressive leadership experience at a large health system or similar experience through a clinically integrated network.
Knowledge of the unique regulatory and payer requirements associated with the Home Infusion and Certified Home Care Nursing industries.
Demonstrated history of collaborative decision making within a complex and matrixed organization with a focus on patient safety and customer service.
Evidence of clinical competence, teaching experience and scholarly ability is expected of all University of Michigan physicians.
This position is posted as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor. Rank of selected candidate is dependent upon qualifications.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Internal Number: 166016
About University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
A great university is made so by its faculty and staff, and Michigan is recognized as one of the best universities to work for in the country. The Michigan culture is known for engaging faculty and staff in all facets of the university to create a workplace that is vibrant and stimulating.For two consecutive years, the Chronicle of Higher Education has placed U-M in its "Great Colleges to Work For" survey. In particular, the university earns high marks for strong relations between faculty and administrators, a collaborative system of governance, strong pay and benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.