Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, institutional securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Morgan Stanley China ( https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/china )
In 1993, Morgan Stanley became one of the first global investment banks to establish a presence in China. Since that time, the Firm's strategy has been to build a leading, fully integrated financial services firm in China.
With offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Shenzhen and Zhuhai, and a regional office in Hong Kong, the Firm provides a wide range of services to domestic and international clients including financing, restructuring, M&A advisory, research, fixed income and foreign exchange. Morgan Stanley's global and regional private equity and real estate funds are also active in China.
Some of the Firm's milestones in China include:
In 1995, Morgan Stanley together with China Construction Bank, founded China International Capital Corp. (CICC), the first securities joint venture in China.
In 2006, Morgan Stanley became the first foreign bank to own a wholly-owned commercial banking license in China, now called Morgan Stanley Bank International (China).
In 2008, the Firm announced the formation of a trust joint venture, Hangzhou Industrial and Commercial Trust. In the same year, it partnered with Huaxin Securities to form a fund management company, Morgan Stanley Huaxin Fund Management Company.
In May 2011, Morgan Stanley established a RMB private equity investment management firm in Hangzhou.
In June 2011, Morgan Stanley partnered with Huaxin Securities to launch Morgan Stanley Huaxin Securities.
The Firm was also one of the first international investment banks to receive government approval to invest on behalf of foreign clients in China through the PRC's Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (QFII) Program.
China Firm Management (China FM)
China FM represents the senior management team that partners with leaders across business units, subsidiaries and joint ventures in China, leading various corporate initiatives and executing Firm strategy. China FM is also a thought partner for Morgan Stanley senior leadership globally to help drive the analysis and strategic thinking behind key decisions and discussions around the Firm's key business and operational priorities.
China FM is currently seeking a Vice President to join the Firm's Beijing office.
Based in Beijing, China FM offers this Vice President a unique opportunity to gain direct exposure to the Firm's senior leadership, including Morgan Stanley's Asia Pacific Co-CEOs, China CEO and China COO, as well as leaders and key stakeholders across business units, subsidiaries and joint ventures in China.
Reporting to Beijing-based China COO, this Vice President will support senior management in further development of the Firm's onshore footprint in China to maximize the Firm's profits and to optimize operational efficiency across businesses.
· Support senior management in China, including the China CEO, in the preparation of speeches, talking points or correspondence, leveraging ongoing review and synthesis of news, current events, research and market analyses;
· Prepare presentation decks, reports and metrics for senior leadership on existing business, business strategy and future potential business;
· Support the China COO in executing a wide range of strategic and business or operational projects across the Firm's businesses;
· Spearhead analytics and synthesize findings on China or business unit-specific initiatives;
· Perform financial analysis, company valuations and due diligence to support commercial negotiations in acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures related to the China business;
· Focus on cross-function partnership to drive Firm initiatives;
· Evaluate business implications of and responses to the changing regulatory landscape.
Internal Number: 5111219
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.